Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Noodles, made in less than 20 minutes, is the ultimate one-pot side dish. It’s cheesy, garlicky with just the right amount of butter and seasoning for a family-friendly recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknight meals or when you’re feeding a crowd.
This is one of those recipes that is such a “no-brainer” that I really didn’t think about posting it. I’ve been making buttered noodles for years for the boys. You know, when you’ve got little kids, you need to have a go-to side dish that you know they’ll like. Funny though, I’d shoved this recipe to the back of my mind until I got an Instant Pot last year. After just one try of cooking noodles in the pressure cooker, I was a fan! They turned out so good that I upped my games and added garlic and cheese to make the BEST noodles ever.
What makes these noodles so good is that by cooking them in the Instant Pot, they soak up all the yummy flavors of the chicken stock and garlic. Once they’re done, all that’s needed is some butter, a heaping amount of Parmesan cheese, lots of fresh cracked black pepper, a bit of salt and fresh parsley and you’re done.
You’ve just created a one-pot wonder worthy of being served in any fancy restaurant. Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Noodles is a great dish to serve when you need to get supper on the table during a busy weeknight. It’s great to serve if you’ve got picky eaters because, really, who doesn’t love cheesy buttered noodles! This dish is also great for entertaining or for when you’re serving a crowd.
The bottom line is this, these noodles are just about the best side ever. Whether you’re serving them with grilled meat, meatballs, fish, or with some veggies pilled on top, they are “instant” comfort food that everyone will love.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Noodles
- Air Fryer Whole Chicken
- Crock-Pot Sweet and Sour Pork Loin With Pineapple
- Irish Pot Roast In The Slow Cooker
- Braised Chicken Thighs
Tips For Cooking Noodles In The Instant Pot
Cooking pasta in the Instant Pot is super easy. The noodles turn out al dente and not soggy or overcooked. Here’s a couple of tips to make sure they turn out great every time –
- If you are using spaghetti or fettuccini, break the pasta in half before placing it into the Instant Pot. I know breaking pasta is a “no-no” but it’s a must in this instance
- Use a wooden spoon to push the pasta down into the chicken stock so that all of the noodles are covered. This will make sure that all of the pasta cooks without burning.
- Add the liquid, garlic and seasoning to the pot and stir to mix before adding the pasta.
- This recipe works with all types of pasta so have fun and experiment!
More Great Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Garlic and Herb Rice
- Instant Pot Rustic Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Bacon and Egg Cheese Bites
- Instant Pot Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos
Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan NoodlesPrint Pin Rate
- Instant Pot
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- 2 tablespoon parsley - chopped
- Add stock, 1 tablespoon of butter, garlic, and salt to Instant Pot. Stir. Break spaghetti noodles in half and place in the pot. Using a wooden spoon, push noodles into the stock making sure all are covered.
- Secure lid on Instant Pot with pressure valve closed. Select PRESSURE COOK, and set the timer for 1 minute. Once the timer goes off, let the steam release naturally for 12 minutes, then quick release the remaining steam.
- Carefully remove the lid from the pot. Add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, Parmesan cheese, and pepper. Stir to combine all ingredients. Taste to adjust salt. Sprinkle on fresh parsley and serve.
- **If there is additional liquid in the pot once noodles are cooked, set Instant Pot to saute and cook until absorbed.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE.