Friends, you know when you have an idea, think it through, execute your plan and things turn out really, really well? That’s what happened yesterday with this recipe and let me be totally honest…I SO NEEDED IT!
It had been quite a day with my new fridge blowing up – yet again, my camera on the fritz, I was running all over for my kiddo, sending emails for the upcoming furniture market, and then just the normal household stuff. At the end of it all, I still needed to get dinner on the table. Thankfully, cooking has always calmed me down and helped me relax.
I pulled together my plan for a new dish that included Italian sausage, prepared sauce, ravioli, a surprise cheesy topping then poured a glass of wine and started cooking. My new recipe came together in less than 14 minutes and with a cook time of 20 minutes, I had what I thought was a winner. I was RIGHT! My guys loved it and after a long day of traveling, Mr. A Southern Soul had two big helpings and friends, that makes me very happy. I really hope y’all will get in the kitchen and make this super easy ravioli bake because even if you are not having a crazy day, this is a big dish of love that will make your family happy.
Italian Sausage Ravioli Bake
Looking for a hardy and filling meal that comes together very quickly? Look no further than this yummy ravioli bake.Print Pin Rate
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1 jar prepared marinara sauce
- 1 large bag prepared cheese ravioli
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium high heat until done. Drain off fat.
- Add prepared marinara sauce and stir until combined. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Cook ravioli per package directions.
- In an oven proof 11 x 14 baking dish, spread on 1/3 up of sausage mixture.
- Layer on cooked ravioli. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over pasta.
- Spread another layer of sausage sauce over cheese. Place remaining ravioli in a single layer sauce. Ladle on remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over mozzarella cheese. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue cooking until ravioli bake is bubbling and slightly brown on top. Let rest for 10 minutes and serve.