This post may contain affiliate links.
For a comfort food meal that’s simple to make and loaded with classic Italian ingredients, this Cheesy Italian Sausage Ravioli Bake is all that and then some! It’s loaded with ravioli filled with cheese, baked in a meaty sauce that your whole family will love.
Recipe updated from September 2015.
Busy times require creative thinking when it comes to mealtime. This past week, I pulled together a new recipe with the help of some store-bought shortcuts, and it was an absolute hit with my family.
My new recipe came together in less than 10 minutes and with a cook time of 25 minutes. It’s loaded with classic Italian flavors, which are always welcome at my dinner table. My guys loved it and after a long day of traveling, Mr. A Southern Soul had two big helpings.
Cheesy Italian Sausage Ravioli Bake is made with jarred sauce, prepared cheese ravioli, and just a handful of other simple ingredients. I really hope you’ll make this super easy ravioli bake because even if you are not having a crazy day, this is a big dish of love that will make your family happy.
If you are looking for a foolproof, comfort food recipe, this is it! Just like my Out Of This World Baked Spaghetti, or Homemade Meatballs, this Ravioli Bake will become a go-to recipe to serve for dinner.
What You Need To Make This Recipe
- Italian Sausage – you can use either sweet, hot or mild.
- Marinara Sauce – your favorite.
- Prepared Cheese Ravioli – found in the dairy section in the grocery store.
- Mozzarella Cheese – fresh grated.
- Parmesan Cheese – fresh grated.
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Olive oil
How To Make This Recipe
This recipe comes together in just minutes!
- Brown the Italian sausage and add in your favorite jarred marinara sauce.
- Spoon ⅓ of the sauce into a 11×14 inch baking dish. Add a layer of prepared ravioli and sprinkle on ⅓ of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat another layer.
- Spoon over remaining sauce and top with mozzarella cheese. Mix together the grated Parmesan cheese and Panko breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the sauce and drizzle with olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for 10 minutes until golden brown on the top.
Answers To Often Asked Questions
It’s easy to sub out the Italian sausage for ground beef or turkey. You can even leave out the meat altogether if desired.
Nope, you sure don’t. The ravioli will cook in the sauce while the casserole is baking.
Absolutely! This recipe is the ideal make-ahead meal. Make according to the instructions, cover tightly with foil, and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking.
Store any leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
More Great Pasta Dishes To Make!
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat until done. Drain off fat. Add prepared marinara sauce and stir until combined.
- In an oven-proof 11 x 14 baking dish, spread on ⅓ of the sausage mixture. Layer on ravioli. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over pasta.
- Spread another layer of sausage sauce over cheese. Place remaining ravioli over sauce. Ladle on remaining sauce. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- In a small bowl, mix together panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle over mozzarella cheese. Drizzle lightly with olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue cooking until ravioli bake is bubbling and slightly brown on top. Let rest for 10 minutes and serve.