Pizza Past Bake loaded with pepperoni and sausage then topped with gooey cheese is a new twist on pizza night! Now you don’t have to choose between pizza and pasta with this one-pan dish. This is a great recipe when you want to get supper on the table fast plus it is freezer friendly.
If your family is like mine, you just love pizza and pasta. With this recipe, I’ve combined the two into one great dish that’s packed with flavor. Italian sausage and pepperoni simmered in a homemade tomato sauce then topped with cheese and more pepperoni is baked until hot a bubbly. Here’s an added bonus – this recipe is made in 30 minutes!
What Makes Pizza Pasta Bake So Special?
- It’s super easy to make in just one pot.
- Full of everything you love about pizza and pasta.
- Loaded with 2 kinds of ooey gooey cheese.
- It’s made in less than 30 minutes so you’ve got dinner ready in no time!
What You’ll Need To Make This Recipe:
- Rotini Pasta
- Italian Sausage
- Sliced Pepperoni
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Italian Seasoning
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
How To Make Pizza Pasta Bake
This is a simple, hearty one-pan dish that’s made in less than 30 minutes. Cook the pasta in salted water according to the package directions, less than 2 minutes of cooking time. While the pasta cooks, brown the Italian sausage in a large skillet. Drain the sausage and remove any grease left in the skillet then add the sausage back in.
Pour a 24 ounce can of good quality crushed tomatoes over sausage. Add in garlic and Italian seasoning and stir. Cut the pepperoni slices into quarters and add them along with the cooked and drained pasta to the marinara sausage sauce. Simmer everything together for 5 to 8 minutes.
To finish up the dish, sprinkle on shredded Mozzarella cheese, layer on pepperoni slices, and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Top with Parmesan cheese and serve!
Cooking Tips For Pizza Pasta Bake
- You can use any type of pasta you like or have on hand. Short-cut kinds of pasta work best for this dish allowing all the ingredients to fit into a large skillet.
- Want to spice things up a bit? Use half regular Italian sausage and half hot sausage for a little bit of heat. You can also add red pepper flakes if you like.
- I use crushed tomatoes to make my homemade marinara. It’s so easy and worth a couple of extra steps. You can substitute jarred sauce as a shortcut.
- This dish freezes beautifully. Wrap it with plastic wrap and foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Before baking, let thaw in the fridge and bake until heated through.
- Take this dish to another level and add more of your favorite pizza toppings! Black olives, thinly sliced onions, green peppers, and cooked mushrooms would be yummy!
More Comfort Food Recipes You’ll Love!
- Taco Spaghetti Bake
- Out Of This World Baked Spaghetti
- Meat Lovers Stuffed French Bread Pizza
- Chicken Skillet Spaghetti
- Three Cheese Stuffed Shells
Last but not least…
If you make Pizza Pasta Bake be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
Pizza Pasta Bake
- 1 16 ounce box Rotini pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 24 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni slices
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese – shredded
- 8 – 10 pieces sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese – grated
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to box directions minus 2 minutes. Drain.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet. Cook Italian sausage until no longer pink. Drain. Remove any additional grease in skillet and add sausage back in along with minced garlic. Carefully pour crushed tomatoes into pan and stir to incorporate. Add in chopped pepperoni and simmer meat sauce for 5 to 8 minutes. Add in cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese over marinara meat mixture and layer on pepperoni slices. Place in oven and bake for 8 – 10 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.