Meatloaf made in a muffin tin is comfort food made easy! Meatloaf Muffins cook in half the time as a regular meatloaf making them excellent for a weeknight meal. Tender, meaty, seasoned perfectly and topped with just the right amount of ketchup, these mini meatloaves are low carb and great for portion control!
Meatloaf has been a staple on American supper tables for ages. The thing is, in most families, you’ve got the lovers and the haters of this classic dish. That’s how it is at my house, too. Mr. A Southern Soul and my youngest son are huge fans but my oldest, well, he’s in the “never meatloaf” crowd. I’m not quite sure why he has such a dislike for this savory masterpiece but the other two more than make up for it with their enthusiasm whenever I say meatloaf is for supper.
Since my guys are such lovers of meatloaf, I came up with a way to make life easier for myself. I’ve started making my traditional recipe then cooking it using my muffin tin. Genius, right? The original meatloaf recipe takes almost an hour to cook and I’m really not interested in a weeknight dish that takes that long to make. The muffin tin version takes around 25 minutes to cook and is every bit as good, if not better than the one cooked in a loaf pan because of the crusty edges of the meatloaf muffins.
What you’ll need to make Meatloaf Muffins:
- ground beef
- bread crumbs
- sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce
- dried onion flakes
- Montreal Steak seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
I like to serve Meatloaf Muffins “diner-style” with either potatoes or rice and a green veggie. This is total comfort food, now made even easier!
Need some recipes ideas to serve with Meatloaf Muffins? Try these:
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Instant Pot Garlic Butter Rice
- Southern Style Green Beans
- Roasted Broccoli
- Roasted Potato Pesto Salad
- Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Parmesan and Lemon
Follow A Southern Soul on Pinterest and Instagram!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg - whisked
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Montreal seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese - grated
- ¼ cup ketchup - for topping
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, egg, sour cream, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, Montreal seasoning, dried onion flakes and Parmesan. Using your hands or a wooden spoon, mix ingredients together being careful not to over mix.
- Using a ⅓ cup measuring cup, scoop out meatloaf mixture and place into one cup of muffin pan. Continue fulling cups until all meatloaf mixture is used. Spoon 1 teaspoon of ketchup on top of each meatloaf. Place in oven and cook for approximately 25 minutes until meatloaf muffins are brown and pulling away from side of pan.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. ***Meatloaves can be frozen. Cool and place in a freezer safe container or zip top back and freeze for up to 3 months. To serve, thaw and reheat meatloaf muffins until warmed through.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE!
I seriously make this recipe all the time! Meatloaf is a pretty quick make anyway, but I love the sour cream in this and the portions are so easy to pull out! It also makes it less greasy. It’s now a staple.
Hey there Caroline!
Thank you so much for this phenomenal rating and your sweet words! I completely agree with you that it’s all about the sour cream, I swear by sour cream as a secret ingredient, I put it in my meatballs too. I am so happy to hear you’ve been enjoying this recipe, thank you so much for your support! If you ever have any questions about a dish, feel free to reach out! I hope you have a very Happy Holidays!
So many of these recipes sound fabulous can’t wait to try