Seriously delicious roasted Brussels sprouts will become a family favorite side dish in no time! Loaded with flavor from fresh lemon juice and Parmesan cheese, these bite-size veggies have crispy leaves on the outside and tender centers and are super simple to prepare.
Why I Love This Recipe
- Irresistible Flavor: The sprouts, roasted in the oven, are transformed from plain green vegetables into crispy, caramelized bites of perfection. Then comes the savory richness of Parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of fresh lemon juice, infuses the dish with a bright, citrusy pop.
- Texture: The contrast in textures might be my favorite thing about this dish. The outer layer of the outer leaves turns wonderfully crispy, while the inside remains tender and succulent.
- Healthy Meets Delicious: Roasted Brussels sprouts are not just delicious; they’re also healthy. Packed with essential vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants, they offer a guilt-free way to indulge in a side dish.
- Versatility: Depending on what I’m serving them with, I love to customize this recipe with different ingredients. I add bacon bits for a smoky twist, toasted nuts for extra crunch, or a balsamic glaze drizzle for sweetness.
- Quick and Easy: In addition to its deliciousness, this recipe is remarkably easy to prepare. With minimal effort and just a handful of ingredients, I can create a dish that’s perfect for both weeknight dinners or a special occasion.
- Fresh Brussels Sprouts – washed and trimmed.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Parmesan Cheese – grate it yourself for the best texture and flavor.
Scroll Down For Measurements
How To Prep Brussels Sprouts
Using a sharp knife, trim off the bottom of the woody stem end of each Brussels sprout. Next, move any damaged, yellow leaves around the outside, and cut each Brussels sprout in half lengthwise.
How To Roast Brussels Sprouts In The Oven
This Brussels sprouts recipe makes the perfect side dish and is super easy to make!
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment and set aside.
- Place the prepped Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and red pepper flakes, then toss to coat.
- Place in oven and roast for about 20 to 25 minutes – shaking pan every 10 minutes – until edges are dark and crispy.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and Parmesan cheese and serve.
Tips And Recommendations
- Choose fresh Brussels sprouts: For the best flavor and texture, choose fresh Brussels sprouts that are bright green and firm to the touch.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts out in a single layer: Spread the seasoned Brussels sprouts out in a single layer on a baking sheet. This helps to ensure that they roast evenly and become crispy on the outside.
- Check for doneness: When the Brussels sprouts are done, they should be tender on the inside and crispy on the outside. Use a fork to test their tenderness and adjust the cooking time as needed.
Commonly Asked Questions
While fresh Brussels sprouts are recommended for the best flavor and texture, you can use frozen Brussels sprouts if fresh ones are not available. Just be sure to thaw them completely and pat them dry before roasting.
Absolutely! You can experiment with other seasonings, such as paprika, cumin, or chili powder, to add a different flavor profile to the dish.
The Brussels sprouts should be tender on the inside and crispy on the outside when they are done roasting. Use a fork to test their tenderness and adjust the cooking time as needed.
Yes, you can roast other vegetables, such as carrots, potatoes, or onions, along with the Brussels sprouts if you like.
While the Brussels sprouts are best served hot out of the oven, you can roast them ahead of time and reheat them in the oven before serving. However, they may not be as crispy as when they are freshly roasted.
How Do I Store Leftovers?
What To Serve With Lemon Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
This simple recipe really is one of my favorite ways to serve sprouts. They are healthy, super yummy veggies, and great with so many main dishes.
Craving More? Try These Easy Side Dishes
- Best Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Crock Pot Creamed Corn
- Oven Roasted Asparagus
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Cut Brussel sprouts in half and remove any damaged outside leaves. Place on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and red pepper flakes and toss to coat. Place in oven and roast for about 20 to 25 minutes – shaking pan every 10 minutes – until edges are dark and crispy.
- Remove pan from oven. Drizzle on lemon juice and sprinkle over Parmesan cheese. Taste and add more salt if needed. Serve immediately.
- While fresh Brussels sprouts are recommended for the best flavor and texture, you can use frozen Brussels sprouts if fresh ones are not available. Just be sure to thaw them completely and pat them dry before roasting.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight air fryer. in the refrigerator. Reheat them in the oven or