This post is sponsored by my friends at Dan-O’s Seasoning, but all opinions expressed are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support my family and me.
Irresistible, Sweet And Spicy Roasted Nuts are a terrific appetizer, snack, and a must-make at the holidays! Made with just 6-ingredients and ready in under 30 minutes, these sweet and savory bites are perfect to serve at any gathering.
These roasted nuts are a beautiful blend of all my favorite flavors! They are savory from the salty nuts and seasoning, sweet from brown sugar and honey, and have a spicy kick from the chipotle blend. When all of these ingredients are tossed together with nuts, you’ve got a flavor mash-up that’s crazy delicious.
I serve these Sweet And Spicy Roasted Nuts at every party during the holidays. They are perfect alongside a cool glass of wine, your favorite whiskey, or whatever you like to sip on.
For casual entertaining, they are great on an appetizer board with my Pineapple Bacon Cheeseboard, too. And don’t forget, they make a great food gift for friends and neighbors.
Ingredients To Make Sweet And Spicy Roasted Nuts
What Type Of Nuts Are Best For This Recipe?
This recipe is so versatile! You can use whatever type of nut that you like. My favorite is a mixed nut combination, that I buy in 1 pound containers.
You can add all one type of nuts like almonds, cashews, walnuts, or pecans and even make your own combination. Get creative, it’s all up to you!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This recipe is loaded with sweet, salty, spicy flavors that are off the charts good!
- It has simple pantry ingredients, most you probably already have on hand.
- With just a few changes, you can customize it to your liking. Change out the mixed nuts for your favorite and make it extra spicy with more seasoning.
- This is a make-ahead recipe that is ideal for busy times like the holidays. Double the recipe, so you’ll always have this crowd-pleasing snack on hand!
Tips And Recommendations
- You can change up the intensity of the flavors by adjusting the seasoning. If you want more heat, add in more chipotle seasoning.
- When roasting the nuts, you will know they are done when they turn a golden brown color. I start checking the oven at the 10-minute mark so that I do not burn the nuts.
- Feel free to toss in some herbs after the nuts have been roasted. I like to use rosemary and I stir it in right after they come out of the oven.
- If you use unsalted nuts, add in a pinch or two of salt to the butter mixture. Make sure to use kosher salt, otherwise the mixture will have a “too-salty” taste.
How To Store Sweet And Spicy Roasted Nuts
Heat and humidity can cause nuts to spoil easily, so make sure to store them properly.
You can also freeze Sweet And Spicy Roasted Nuts in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months.
Try These Easy To Make Snack Recipes!
- Spicy Cheese Cracker Snack Mix
- Candied Pecans
- Perfectly Popped Stove Top Popcorn
- Outrageously Good Stuffed Celery
- Ranch Dill Pickles
- No-Bake Fire Ranch Crackers
- Sweet Heat Pickles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil. Set aside. Place the nuts in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Add in the honey, brown sugar, and Dan-O's seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle the melted seasoned butter over the nuts and toss to coat. Pour the nuts onto the prepared baking sheet. Roast the nuts in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the nuts turn slightly golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the nuts cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week, or up to 4 weeks in a container in the refrigerator.