This post may contain affiliate links.
This recipe for Ranch Dill Pickles has been blowing up the internet! Turn a jar of dill pickles into something ridiculously good with a packet of ranch seasoning mix. For snacking, appetizers and a must for any summer cookout or party.
So, what’s the story with these pickles? Who knew this was a thing? Well, it is a “thing” and this recipe has been blowing up on TikTok over the past couple of weeks. So, being the pickle lover that I am and a fan of all things ranch, I had to give it a try.
There are so many reasons I’m into this 2-ingredient recipe!
- It’s fun! Food hacks like taking a package of ranch seasoning and dumping it into a jar of store-bought pickles is super clever.
- These pickles are GOOD! After a bit of shaking and chilling the pickles in the fridge, they turn into an even better dill pickle. The ranch gives the pickle brine just a little something “extra” that makes the pickles delicious.
- It’s easy! It takes just 3 minutes to make the Ranch Dill Pickles and just 24 hours to let them get all cozy and yummy in the amped-up pickle brine.
So, come on! What’s not to love?
Ingredients For Ranch Dill Pickles
The ingredients for this recipe are easily found in any grocery store.
- Ranch Seasoning – I use Hidden Valley Ranch. I’m a fan and love the intensity of the flavor. You can use whichever brand you like though or even homemade seasoning if you like.
- Dill Pickle Spears and/or Hamburger Chips – for my version of the TikTok recipe, I used a jar of pickle spears and hamburger chips. You can certainly use a larger jar, 24-ounces if you only want to use one type of pickle.
Tips For Making This Recipe
- First, be careful when opening the pickle jar. The brine/pickle juice is usually filled to the top and often spills out.
- I like to pour about a tablespoon off the top before adding the ranch seasoning.
- Use a knife to gently push the seasoning down into the jar before resealing. Shake well to mix all the ingredients.
- Make sure to let the Ranch Dill Pickles chill in the fridge for at least 24 hours before serving. It will be hard to wait, but it’s worth it!
How Long Will These Pickles Keep?
Check the date on the pickle jar indicating how long the pickles will keep. After the jar is opened and you make the ranch dill pickles store them in the fridge.
What To Serve With Ranch Dill Pickles
There’s little wonder why is recipe has gone viral. These crazy good pickles are the perfect thing for summer cookouts and parties! Here’s what I’m serving them with:
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Legs and Macaroni Salad
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings and Cheese Ranch Potato Foil Packs
- Low Country Boil
More Pickle Recipes You’ll Love!
- Cucumber and Onion Refrigerator Pickles
- Pickled Red Onions
- Pickled Corn and Red Onions
- Pickled Sweet Peppers and Onions
- 1 16 ounce jar dill pickle spears
- 1 16 ounce jar dill pickle hamburger chips
- 1 1 ounce package dry ranch seasoning mix
- Open jars of pickles. Sprinkle in ½ packet of seasoning into each jar. Replace lid and shake vigorously.
- Place in fridge to chill for 24 hours then enjoy!
Thanks for sharing this very well-written and worth reading article.
Wish to see more in the coming days.
Thank you for your phenomenal rating and your support, if you ever have any questions feel free to reach out!
Is that one 1 oz pkg of Ranch Dressing or a 11 oz pkg.
Hey there Judi!
That’s a great question! It’s one 1 oz package of ranch seasoning. I hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know how it turns out!
Little confused — recipe is for 1 jar of hamburger dill chips w/ranch dressing mix and 1 jar of kosher dill spears – so we’re making each separate, yes / no.
Hey there Marlen!
That’s a great question! This recipe is for 2 separate jars of pickles, both spears and dill pickle hamburger chips. What you’ll want to do is put 1/2 a pouch of ranch seasoning in each jar, so you’ll use the full pouch but split it between 2 types of pickles. If you prefer spears then you can just do two jars of spears, same goes for the dill pickle hamburger chips. I hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know what you think! Thanks for your support, have a great day!
These are soooo good! Xoxo from Lower Alabama 😘
Hey there Jessica!
Thank you so much I really appreciate your support! I’m thrilled y’all enjoyed this recipe, from one southerner to another you already know everything’s better with a little bit of ranch. Thank you for your fantastic rating!