Crushed pineapple, smokey bacon, and loads of cheese are all turned into a sweet, savory cheese ball that’s irresistible! Serve it with your favorite crackers for an appetizer during the holidays, at parties, or anytime you want to jazz up cocktail hour.
Christmas is right around the corner! My house is decorated and I’ve been baking non-stop. The thing is, this year we’re not having any big get-togethers and while that makes me a tad bit sad, it’s not stopping me from making some of my favorite recipes for the holidays.
A Cheese ball is definately on that list of must-make things during this season of celebrations. And, since I’ve got about 8 blocks of cream cheese in my fridge, no joke, it seems only right that I whip up a new version of the always popular, cheese ball.
This Cheese Ball Is:
- Extra cheesy with cheddar and cream cheese.
- Sweet with lots of crushed pineapple.
- Flavored with smokey bacon.
- Easy to make.
- Rolled in a savory coating of chopped pecans and fresh parsley.
- Always the first appetizer to disappear at a party!
Ingredients For Pineapple Bacon Cheese Ball
- Cream Cheese
- Crushed Pineapple
- Cooked Chopped Bacon
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic Power
- Salt and Pepper
- Chopped Pecans
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
How To Make This Recipe
This is one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever make! It only takes about 10 minutes of prep time. Here’s how to make a Pineapple Bacon Cheese Ball:
- Drain the pineapple.
- Chop the chives, and cooked bacon.
- Throw all the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Form into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and place in the fridge to chill.
#1 Success Tip For Rolling A Cheese Ball
I’ve found the best way to have a nice even coating on a cheese ball is to make sure you’ve got extra, chopped ingredients to roll it in. Place the chopped pecans and parsley on a dinner plate, then roll your nicely shaped cheese ball around and around until coated. Press the coating into the cheese ball a bit also so that you’ll get pecans and parsley in every bite.
Can I Make A Pineapple Bacon Cheese Ahead Of Time?
Yep, you sure can. You can make the cheese ball up to 3 days in advance. Make the cheese ball, wrap it in plastic wrap, then store in a ziptop bag. Before serving, roll it in the pecan parsley topping.
How Long Can A Cheese Ball Sit Out?
Once the cheese ball is served, it’s best to make sure it doesn’t sit out for more than 2 hours.
What To Serve With This Yummy Appetizer
This cheese ball is sweet, savory, and loaded with texture. I like to make sure I’ve got something to balance all those amazing flavors, so here’s what I like to serve with my Pineapple Bacon Cheese Ball:
- an assortment of crackers in different shapes and flavors.
- chilled red and green grapes.
- carrot and celery spears.
- toasted pecans, almonds, or walnuts.
- chilled Mistletoe Mimosas or Spiced Pear Moscow Mules.
More Appetizers You’ll Love!
- Cheddar Chive Cheese Ball
- Jalapeño Popper Cheese Ball
- Million Dollar Dip
- Honey Pistachio Goat Cheese Appetizer
- Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
Last but not least…
If you make this Pineapple Bacon Cheese Ball, be sure to leave a comment and a rating. I always love hearing from you! Also, if you make it, snap a pic and tag me on Instagram. I’d love to see your photo.
Pineapple Bacon Cheese Ball
- 2 8 ounce blocks of softened cream cheese
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped bacon
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place all ingredients into a medium-size bowl. Using a hand mixer or wooden spoon, mix until blended well. Divide mixture in half and form into balls. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator.
- Before serving, coat cheese ball with chopped pecans and parsley.
- Cheese ball can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw, then roll in chopped pecans and parsley then serve.