This post may contain affiliate links.
This Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board For Two is the perfect way to celebrate with your one truelove! Loaded with your favorite cheeses, meats, and sweets, this easy-to-put-together board is truly the way to your valentine’s heart.
This year, on Valentine’s Day, there is no reservation needed for me and my sweetie. We’ll be spending the evening together at our most favorite place of all – home. Our extra-special date will have a few romantic touches along with one of our #1 ways to enjoy time together, dinner, and a movie.
I’m pulling out all the stops with a Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board For Two. It’s loaded with cheese, savory meats, fresh strawberries, and lots of other treats that we love. This board is an appetizer and meal all in one and is the best way to relax and enjoy “love day” with my sweetheart.
What Is A Charcuterie Board?
Charcuterie boards have become wildly popular over the past couple of years. They are served in restaurants and are great to make at home for parties, the holidays, and when casually entertaining.
Charcuterie is actually a display of cured meats. These days, charcuterie boards are a combination of meats, cheese, fruits, crackers and can be customized for any occasion or palette.
Tools For Making A Charcuterie Board
There’s nothing fancy needed to make a beautiful board. The key is to let the food stand out, but having a few helpful tools for serving is important.
- Serving board – you can use either a cutting board, wooden is preferred, or a serving platter.
- Serving utensils – I have a set of cheese knives that I like to use, but you can also use butter knives and small spoons for serving.
- Small bowls – use ramekins or other small bowls to hold jam, honey, nuts, and chocolates.
What To Put On A Charcuterie Board
My secret to a beautiful, amazing charcuterie board? Put on what you like! For my Valentine’s Day board, I made sure to load it with food that my guy and I like.
- Cheese – I used Manchago, a firm Spanish cheese and triple cream, Le Delice de Bourgogne from France. I purchased both at Trader Joe’s.
- Meat – our favorite is Prosciutto and pepper salami.
- Crackers – a combination of light rice or wheat crackers and seeded crackers work beautifully with the cheese and spreads.
- Fruit – strawberries, raspberries and apples are great choices. Adding seasonal fruit like pears and blueberries is fun as well.
- Nuts – adding a bit of crunch to the line-up with nuts is always a good choice. For Valentine’s Day, I used Marcona Almonds. I also like to use pecans, walnuts or pistachios.
- Chocolate – for Valentine’s Day, you’ve got to have some chocolate. I added dark chocolate hearts and dark chocolate covered cherries to make things a bit more special.
- Extras – to make it really personal, I added kettle corn (a fav of my sweetheart) and a few raspberry filled cookies.
Delicious Parings For Meat And Cheese
There’s nothing like getting the perfect bite when enjoying a cheese board. I like to make sure there’s a combination of savory and sweet, along with creamy and crunchy textures.
Place small bowls or ramekins of your favorite jam or honey on the board to spread on top of cheese and crackers. You can also add olives or sweet pickles for a briny taste that goes well with cured meat.
Often Asked Questions
You can make the charcuterie board ahead of time, cover it in plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Make sure to let it come to room temperature before serving.
It’s pronounced “shar-koo-ter-ee.”
Don’t worry! You can use any type of platter or tray that you have. For outdoor parties, I’ve used a metal baking tray and it worked great.
It all depends on what you want to put on it. For Valentine’s Day, I did spend a bit more on the items but you certainly don’t have to.
Using prepackaged meat and cheese will keep the cost down. Also, adding seasonal fruit or items on sale is a great way save while still making the charcuterie board delicious.
Last But Not Least…
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board For Two
- 4-5 slices each salami and proscuitto
- 1 wedge Manchago or other firm cheese
- 1 wedge Le Delice de Bourgogne or other soft cheese
- 6-7 fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fruit jam
- 1/2 cup salted nuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate covered cherries
- 6 fruit filled cookies
- 12 dark chocolate candy
- 2 cups kettle corn
- Place meat, cheese, and crackers on a cutting board or serving tray.
- Add jam, chocolate candy, and nuts to ramekins and place on board.
- Arrange strawberries, cookies, candy, and the bowl of kettle corn around items on the board.
- Serve and enjoy!