Just in time for all the beautiful strawberries that are available, here’s a quick and really easy recipe. I’ve made this jam for several years now and our family just loves it. During strawberry season, I make a few batches and freeze in small containers. Slather it on your morning toast, pancakes or waffles. It’s also great warmed up and drizzled on ice cream. Happy Spring, y’all.
Take advantage of fresh strawberries and make this easy jam that you can freeze for later use.
- 2 cups strawberries , hulled
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Place hulled strawberries in a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth or slightly chunky according to the texture you like.
- In a medium sauce pan, add strawberries, sugar and lemon juice.
- Over med-high heat, bring to a boil.
Let ingredients cook at a rapid boil until thick - about 10 minutes. You will notice when the mixture has thickened.
Pour into a jar and let cool at room temperature. Cover and store in fridge for up to 10 days. Can be frozen for future use.