This post may contain affiliate links.
Sweet, tangy and outrageously delicious, these really are the BEST Baked Beans you’ll ever try! Made with smoky bacon and your favorite BBQ sauce, this irresistible one-pot recipe is prepared in just 15 minutes. Whether you’re hosting a cookout or making a weeknight meal, this family favorite recipe is always a winner!
I don’t know about y’all but when summer arrives and we fire up the grill and get to cooking! To make things easy on myself, I usually prepare my main dish ahead of time. That way, I can focus on my sides, and this easy baked beans is my go-to side dish for any occasion.
I’ve made this sweet and smokey flavored recipe for years and let me tell you, it never gets old! Not only is this recipe prepared in minutes, you can also prepare it ahead of time. For busy weeknight meals, I prepare this recipe in the morning, then refrigerate it until I’m ready to cook.
Since this Baked Beans recipe has a classic cookout flavor, it’s super versatile and can be served with just about anything. Whether you’re serving these beans with burgers, steaks, pork chops, grilled chicken or hot dogs, everyone will be begging you for the recipe!
People Often Ask…
That is a terrific question, let me be the first to tell you… it’s super easy!
All you have to do is follow the instructions below, but instead of combining your ingredients in a Dutch Oven, you’ll want to combine them in a Crock Pot. Once all your ingredients are in the Crock Pot, turn the slow cooker setting to LOW and let the beans cook for 4-6 hours or until you’ve achieved your desired consistency.
Whether you’re cooking the baked beans in the oven or a slow cooker, I would highly recommend serving your baked beans out of a Crock Pot!
The Crock Pot doubles as a fantastic serving dish for meatballs, pot roasts, and especially baked beans. No one likes cold baked beans, so Crock Pot allows you to keep them warm, thanks to the WARM setting, while everyone is being served.
More Recipes You’ll Love…
- Pineapple BBQ Baked Beans
- Blue Cheese Coleslaw
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- Chipotle Bacon Baked Beans
- Macaroni Salad For A Crowd
Last But Not Least…
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Best Baked Beans
- 4 cans Pork-n-Beans (12 oz) – plain, no additives or flavorings
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 slices bacon – chopped (I used my precooked bacon but you can use uncooked just cut into small pieces)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Drain beans but DO NOT rinse.
- Mix ketchup, BBQ sauce, sugar, honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder in the bottom of a medium size dutch oven or baking dish. Add beans and mix well.
- Layer bacon on top of beans. Cover with dutch oven lid or tin foil.
- Place beans and cook for 30. Remove covering and cook for an additional 30 minutes.