Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad will soon become your favorite chicken salad, hands down! This easy to make recipe has loads of tender chicken, tart cranberries, crunchy pecans, and sweet apples. It’s great as a sandwich, with lettuce as a salad, on crackers, and great for parties and potlucks.
This is my all-time favorite chicken salad recipe. Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad is one of those simple recipes that have the perfect combination of flavors and texture to make is super delicious. It’s great to serve all year long but it’s especially good when you want to have a festive dish to serve for lunch during the holidays.
It’s no secret in this family that I love chicken salad. It might come from all those great memories of growing up munching on a classic combination of chicken, celery, pickles blended together in a light mayo dressing for lunch at my Grandmother’s house. Or it might be that I just have a thing for chicken mixed with unexpected ingredients. That brings us to this recipe. I’m just crazy over the mix of tender chicken, tart dried cranberries, rich pecans and sweet apple in this chicken salad.
Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad is on repeat at my house during the holidays. It’s a great recipe for using up leftover chicken or turkey. If there are no leftovers, I snag a rotisserie chicken from the supermarket to keep save time and to keep things simple.
There are so many ways to serve this yumminess, too. My personal favorite is to put a big dollop on a cracker, then site back and savor the flavors. The boys love it served as a roll-up and Mr. SS likes it served in a lettuce wrap. It is a great dish to serve at lunch when you’re having friends over. And if that’s not enough, it’s always a hit at a covered dish supper and I guarantee you’ll be taking home an empty bowl at the end of the meal!
What Goes In Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad?
- Cooked Chicken
- Dried Cranberries
- Green Onions
- Salt and Pepper
How Do You Make This Recipe?
- This recipe comes together in no time especially if your using leftovers or rotisserie chicken. Just remove the chicken meat from the bone and chop or shred into bite-size pieces.
- Chop the pecans, apple and green onion.
- Add all the ingredients to a medium-size bowl. Add in the mayonnaise (not salad dressing) salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Mix everything together and you’re ready to enjoy.
- Store in the fridge covered for 3 to 5 days.
Other Great Salad Recipes You’ll Love
Cranberry Pecan Chicken SaladPrint Pin Rate
- 3 - 3 1/2 cups cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple - chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans - chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions - chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Add chicken, cranberries, pecans, apple and green onion to a medium-size bowl.
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together mayonnaise, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Pour over chicken and other ingredients. Using a large spoon or spatula, toss all ingredients together until well mixed.
- Serve immediately. It can be stored covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.