This post may contain affiliate links.
Quick and easy Breakfast Burrito Bowls are the perfect way to start the day! They are loaded with protein, fresh salsa, and creamy avocado. Just add a splash of hot sauce, and you’ve got an amazing breakfast to keep you fueled up all morning long.
Ever heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Well, if you are a believer in that, then listen up. I’m giving you a flavor explosion recipe that’s an excellent way to start the day.
I have been searching for ways to add more protein to my morning meal. Do I love smoothies? Yes. Am I tired of them? Totally. So, here’s how I’ve overcome a boring, bland way to start the day. A Breakfast Burrito Bowl.
What Is A Burrito Bowl?
Simply put, burrito bowls are the insides of a burrito. They usually consist of chicken or beef with rice, beans, cheese, and salsa.
My recipe ditches the tortilla, making this recipe lower in carbs, gluten-free, and super easy to make.
Ingredients To Make Breakfast Burrito Bowls
- Black Beans
- Fresh Pico De Gallo or Salsa
- Cotija or Feta Cheese
- Fresh Chives
- Hot Sauce
Scroll down for the ingredient measurements and full instructions.
How To Make This Recipe For Meal Prep
Breakfast burrito bowls are great for meal prep ingredients.
- Season canned black beans with cumin, garlic, and any other spices you like, then store in the fridge.
- Make salsa or pico de gallo ahead of time, and store it in a container in the refrigerator.
- Roast sweet potatoes, onions, and peppers to add flavor and texture. Portion out the veggies along with the seasoned black beans and store. Now, you are ready to heat, add an egg and other toppings to your breakfast burrito bowl.
How To Fry An Egg
Here’s my way of making over easy or over hard eggs:
- In a large skillet, melt two tablespoons of butter on medium heat.
- One at a time, crack the eggs and gently place them in the pan. Turn down the heat to low.
- Cook until whites are set, and yolks thicken. For over-hard eggs, carefully flip the egg and cook until yolks are firm. Remove from pan and sprinkle with salt.
What Can You Put In A Burrito Bowl?
Here’s the fun part! You can customize your burrito bowl with whatever you like, so get creative.
Cooked bacon, sausage, or ham
Pepper Jack cheese
Roasted sweet potatoes
Sautéed onions and peppers
Chopped tomatoes or bell peppers
Fresh chopped jalapeños
Guacamole and sour cream
Craving More? Try These Breakfast Recipes!
- Sausage Egg And Cheese Breakfast Cupcakes
- French Toast Breakfast Casserole
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Ham And Cheese Croissant Breakfast Casserole
- Crescent Roll Danish
- Smoked Gouda Cheese Grits Casserole
Seasoned Black Beans
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Breakfast Burrito Bowls
- 2 large over-easy cooked eggs
- 2 cups seasoned black beans
- ½ ripe avocado, sliced
- ½ cup salsa or pico de gallo
- ¼ cup crumbled cojita or feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- hot sauce
- Add black beans, cumin, and garlic powder to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir and cook until heated through.
To Build Breakfast Burrito Bowl
- Spoon 1 cup of seasoned black beans into each bowl. Add cooked egg.
- Divide the prepared avocado, salsa, cheese, and chives and add to each burrito bowl. Drizzle on hot sauce if desired. Serve immediately.