Cauliflower Fried Rice is low carb and loaded with delicious Asian flavors. Made with cauliflower, eggs, carrots, and peas, it’s seasoned with soy sauce and garlic and ready in less than 20 minutes!
I’ve been making this Cauliflower Fried Rice for over a year and it never dawned in me to share it with you. I’m not sure what that’s all about. Maybe because it’s so easy, and delicious. Or maybe it because it disappears fast that I’ve never taken any photos or had time to write down the recipe. The good thing is, I’m sharing it now and I can say without question that if you love traditional Chinese fried rice, you will LOVE this dish!
I’m a big fan of any recipe that can go through a “makeover” to be healthier. The thing is, I do not want to sacrifice flavor. This Cauliflower Fried Rice checks all the boxes in the flavor department for a successful recipe redo and it’s loaded with veggies and protein in every single bite.
What Goes In Cauliflower Fried Rice?
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Green Onions
What Is Cauliflower Rice?
Cauliflower rice is light and fluffy with a similar texture to long grain or brown rice. You can make it yourself by grating cauliflower in a food processor or using a box grater. You can also buy it in the frozen or produce section in the grocery store.
How To Serve This Easy Side Dish
I serve this yummy side dish with grilled chicken or fish. It’s perfect to make on a busy weeknight since it takes less than 20 minutes to make. For a quick lunch, load Cauliflower Fried Rice into lettuce cups. Right before serving, finish off Cauliflower Fried Rice with a sprinkle of sliced green onions and some spicy Sriracha sauce.
More Healthy Easy-To Make Side Dishes
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad
- Roasted Asparagus With Feta and Panko
- Sauteed Squash and Onions
- Healthy Mushroom Soup
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots and cook for about 5 minutes. Add garlic and peas and cook for 1 minute. Add cauliflower and soy sauce continuing to "stir fry" for 5 more minutes.
- Using a wooden spoon, push cauliflower mixture to edges of the pan making a well in the middle. Turn down heat to medium-low. Add remaining sesame oil and eggs. Scramble the eggs cooking until done. Stir eggs into cauliflower fried rice.
- Taste and add more soy sauce if desired. Top with green onion slices and serve.
Make sure to save this recipe! Pin it HERE.