Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad is a refreshing dish that packs a punch of fresh, bright flavor. Made with sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and avocados drizzled with a simple dressing. Serve this salad any time of the year for a burst of summer in every bite!
I’m going to get straight to the point, I’m obsessed with this salad. It’s crispy, fresh, and totally satisfying. I love the creamy texture of the avocados with the slight spiciness of the onions. The simple oil and vinegar-based dressing allow the flavor of the veggies to shine without making the salad soggy. So, with all of this, what’s not to love?
I’ve been craving a fresh salad. I know we’re in the middle of winter but I had to figure out a way to bring a bit of summertime into my life. This salad came to my rescue. I took one of my most favorite side dishes, Tomato Cucumber Salad, and gave it a new twist with the addition of avocado. Just adding that one ingredient took this salad to a whole new level!
What’s In Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad?
- Red Onion
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Dried Basil
- Salt and Pepper
- Cilantro or Parsley
How To Make This Salad
- This salad is so easy to make. First, chop the veggies. I make sure to do the avocados last so they don’t start to turn brown.
- Wash the cilantro and dry it in a towel. Roll the clean leaves into a small ball and chop.
- Next comes the salad dressing. I add all the ingredients to a small mason jar. Screw on the lid then give it a good shake.
- Combine everything in your favorite salad bowl, drizzle over the dressing and toss.
- Taste and sprinkle with salt and pepper
Can Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad Be Made Ahead Of Time?
My recommendation is to make the salad without the avocado and dressing, cover it, and store it in the refrigerator. Before serving, add the avocado and toss with the dressing. Once everything is tossed together, the salad will keep in the fridge for a day but it’s really best served freshly made.
Try These Fresh Salads To Serve All Year Long!
- 1 pound Roma tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 2 avocados
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons champagne or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic - minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro - chopped
- ***parsley can be substituted for cilantro
- Chop cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and avocado and place in a salad bowl.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, dried basil, garlic, salt and pepper to a lidded jar. Screw on the top and shake to blend all ingredients. Pour dressing over chopped vegetables and toss.
- Sprinkle cilantro on the salad. Taste and adjust salt and pepper. Toss and serve immediately.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE.