If you are a Southerner, like really from the South, you know about squash and onions. Tender yellow squash and Vidalia onion sauteed in butter with just the right seasoning is one of summer’s best dishes!
More great summertime veggie recipes:
- Cucumber Tomato Salad
- Grilled Yellow Squash with Lemon Chive Vinaigrette
- Tomato Pie
- Southern Style Green Beans
- Fried Squash
Squash and Onions
- 3 - 4 medium yellow or Zephyr squash - sliced to about 1/8 inch thickness
- 1/2 sweet onion - thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Heat olive oil in a medium size sauté pan. Add onion and cook on medium until soft.
- Add squash, water, salt and pepper. Stir gently. Continue cooking until squash is tender.
- Gently add butter and toss to coat squash and onions. Taste and adjust seasonings. This can be served with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese or fresh herbs.
Pin HERE to save this recipe!