Roasted asparagus topped with toasted, buttery Panko breadcrumbs, lemon, and feta cheese is a gourmet-style side dish that’s simple to make! A quick and easy recipe that’s ideal to serve for a weeknight meal yet special enough for the holidays or when you’re entertaining.
If you’re a fan of asparagus like I am, then this recipe is right up your alley. With just a few steps, you can make this scrumptious, beautiful dish that’s sure to be a stunner at any meal. HIgh heat concentrates the flavor of the asparagus then when it’s topped with buttery, toasted breadcrumbs, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of feta, well, you’ve got something that’s just downright amazing!
If you’re looking for a great side dish to add to your holiday table, you’ve found it. I love making Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Panko and Feta for a couple of reasons. Number 1, it’s so delicious. The tender asparagus pairs so well with the crunchy texture of the toasted breadcrumbs. For an extra special flavor punch, feta cheese is the sprinkled over top. The second reason is that it’s so stinking easy to make.
What You Need To Make This Recipe
- Fresh Asparagus
- Panko Breadcrumbs
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Feta Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
How To Make Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Panko & Feta
- Trim the asparagus. Try to get all the stalks the same length so that they’ll cook evenly.
- Lightly coat the asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven at 425 degrees for about 18-20 minutes.
- While the asparagus is roasting, toast the Panko breadcrumbs in a small skillet. Melt butter in the pan, add the breadcrumbs and cook until golden brown. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place the roasted asparagus on a serving platter, top with the breadcrumbs and feta.
- This dish is best served while it’s hot but can be enjoyed at room temperature. It cools down quickly so plan accordingly.
Can I Make This Dish Ahead Of Time?
Although you can’t make the whole dish ahead of time, all the prep work can be done. Trim and store the asparagus in the fridge until it’s time to roast it. Make the toasted bread crumbs and keep them in an airtight container. You can also juice the lemon and have it ready as well. You’ll have everything made and organized when it’s time to bring the whole recipe together!
Is There A Substitute For Feta Cheese?
Sure! You can use freshly grated Parmesan, Mozzarella or even goat cheese. I would stick to “dryer” cheeses instead of something like cheddar.
What To Serve With Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Panko & Feta
- Crock Pot Lemon Chicken
- Three Ingredient Oven Cooked Beef Brisket
- Brown Sugar Mustard Baked Ham
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Roasted Asparagus with Lemon Panko & Feta
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Arrange asparagus on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on a pinch of salt and pepper. Shake pan, coating asparagus with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast asparagus in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes until tips are crispy.
- While asparagus is roasting, melt butter in a small skillet. Add Panko breadcrumbs. Stir occasionally cooking until golden brown. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place asparagus on a serving platter and top with lemon breadcrumbs and feta. Serve immediately.
*** Like this recipe and want to save it? Pin it HERE. ***