This post may contain affiliate links.
Creamy Pumpkin Icebox Pie is a mind-blowing fall dessert that will win you over after just one bite! With a smooth, silky texture and a graham cracker crust, this easy-to-make pie is terrific for any autumn occasion and perfect to add to your holiday menu.
If you are craving something sweet, that’s loaded with pumpkin flavor and warm fall spices, look no further than this Creamy Pumpkin Icebox Pie. It’s a cool twist on traditional pumpkin pie that’s simple to make with a few store-bought shortcuts.
Over the past month or so, I’ve made this recipe several times, and my family has gone crazy over it. I know I’ve said that about other desserts that I’ve made, but this one…well, even my “I’m not a big pumpkin fan” husband has been caught sneaking a slice.
What Makes This Pumpkin Pie So Special?
Two things make this pie so unique. First is the warm flavors of pumpkin pie spice mixed with sweet vanilla ice cream. They go together marvelously, like it was meant to be.
Next, it’s all about the texture. The filling is super creamy, and when combined with a simple graham cracker crust, you’ve got a match made in heaven!
Ingredients Needed For Creamy Pumpkin Pie
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Purée – make sure not to use pumpkin pie filling
- Vanilla Ice Cream – use your favorite brand
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – you can use store-bought or make your own with this recipe.
- Graham Cracker Pie Crust
How To Make This Pie Recipe
The hardest thing about making this pie is waiting for it to freeze! You don’t need a stand mixer, hand mixer, or any fancy equipment. And it uses simple ingredients that are classics in just about any pumpkin dessert.
- In a small saucepan, cook the brown sugar, pumpkin purée, pumpkin spice mix, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until the sugar has melted. Place it in the refrigerator to cool.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer to soften while the pumpkin filling cools.
- Mix the softened ice cream and the pumpkin filling together and pour into the prepared pie shell. Cover and place in the freezer to set until fully frozen.
- Slice, add a dollop of whipped cream, and dig in!
How Long Do You Freeze Pumpkin Icebox Pie?
For this recipe, it’s essential to ensure that the pie is frozen so that it sets correctly. Freeze it for a minimum of 6 hours, but I highly recommend overnight.
How To Store Leftovers
For any leftovers, cover the pie and store it in the freezer. It will keep for up to 3 weeks.
More Holiday Dessert Recipes
- Maple Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread
- Eggnog Cheesecake Dip
- Pumpkin Spice Dump Cake
- Snowball Cookies
- BEST Southern Sweet Potato Pie
- Pumpkin Crinkle Cookies
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- In a small saucepan, add brown sugar, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Whisk together and cook until the sugar has melted. Place in the refrigerator to cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and place it on the counter to soften.
- Mix the ice cream and the pumpkin mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until well blended. Pour into the prepared pie shell. Cover and place in the freezer for 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, slice the pie, and top it with whipped cream if desired. Store leftover pie in the freezer.