This post may contain affiliate links.
This Peanut Butter Fudge recipe is the easiest you’ll ever make! It’s loaded with peanut butter and makes smooth, creamy fudge with only 4 ingredients in just 10 minutes. This is the best peanut butter fudge recipe that’s perfect for the holidays and makes a great homemade gift.
Peanut Butter Fudge never lasts long in my house. Mr. SS has a wicked sweet tooth, which means it’s nearly impossible for me to keep this goodie around. So, that means that I make several batches of this sweet, nutty treat starting at Thanksgiving all the way through New Year. Not that I mind. This recipe is so good, so easy, and it comes together so fast that making it is a pleasure.
Why You’ll Love This Peanut Butter Fudge
- Simple pantry ingredients are all you need, and you probably have all 4 on hand.
- No mixer or candy thermometer is needed.
- It takes only 10 minutes to make.
- It’s sweet, buttery, loaded with peanut butter, then topped with just the right amount of sea salt to blend the flavors perfectly.
- This fudge is a great homemade food gift to give to friends, neighbors or anyone you want to say thank you to.
Peanut Butter Fudge Ingredients
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Butter – room temperature, salted or unsalted butter can be used.
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar – confectioners’ sugar is another name for the sugar used here.
Scroll Down For Measurements And Instructions.
Can You Make Peanut Butter Fudge In The Microwave?
Yes! Using the microwave is one of the easiest ways to make fudge. While it may seem a bit unconventional, it’s a shortcut that makes smooth, creamy fudge. If you don’t have a microwave, you can melt the butter and peanut butter in a saucepan, over medium heat on the stove.
How To Make This 4-Ingredient Recipe
This easy peanut butter fudge recipe has all the flavor and texture of old fashioned fudge without a lot of work. Here’s how it’s made:
- Melt – butter and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Stir – using a wooden spoon, stir the vanilla extract and sifted powdered sugar into the peanut butter mixture.
- Pour – the fudge into an 8×8 baking dish lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil, then place it in the refrigerator.
- Cut – after the fudge has cooled, cut it into squares.
How Long Does It Take Fudge To Set?
You want to leave the fudge in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours to it has time to thoroughly cool and set. Cut the cooled fudge into squares using a sharp knife.
What’s For Dinner?
5 Easy Delicious Meal Plans + Secrets To Getting Dinner On The Table!
How To Save And Store Peanut Butter Fudge
You can keep peanut butter fudge stored in an airtight container on the counter. It also keeps well in the refrigerator tightly wrapped for up to two weeks.
Homemade fudge also freezes well. Wrap the fudge in plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw and serve.
Variations On This Recipe
You can add many fun additions to this creamy peanut butter fudge recipe! Try adding any of these:
- Chocolate chips
- Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Chopped peanuts
- White chocolate chips
Want More Recipes For Gift-Giving This Holiday Season?
No one can resist a delicious, thoughtful homemade gift made with love at the holidays! One of my favorites is Mom’s Homemade Fudge.
Whether muffins, bread or cookies, seasoning blends, or spiced nuts, gourmet goodies are always a welcome Christmas gift, and you can find my list of 41 homemade food gifts here.
More Festive Holiday Recipes To Make
- Peanut Butter Balls (Simple and Easy)
- Classic Ambrosia Salad
- Eggnog Pound Cake
- Christmas Caprese Salad Wreath
- Snowball Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups sifted powdered sugar
- sea salt if desired
- Line an 8×8 or 9×9 square pan with parchment or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute on high in the microwave. Stir and continue to cook on high for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Stir until smooth and blended. Pour into the prepared pan. Place in the refrigerator for 3 hours until the fudge is completely cooled and set.
- Remove the fudge from the refrigerator, cut into squares, sprinkle with sea salt if desired and serve.