Make this flavor-packed marinade that’s perfect for beef, chicken, or pork. It’s loaded with simple ingredients along with fresh herbs to not only add amazing flavor, but it also helps tenderize inexpensive cuts of meat.
The key to great grilled food is technique and preparation. One of the things that guarantee excellent flavor in grilled meats is marinating them beforehand. I’ve been using this delicious combination of flavors to marinate beef, chicken, or pork for years.
This marinade takes just minutes to whip up. Once you have all the ingredients thoroughly blended, just pour it over the pork chops and let it do its magic.
Place your covered marinated meat in the fridge for one hour, two max, due to the acidity levels. Make sure to let your meat come to room temperature before cooking. This allows even grilling with no cool spots.
One of the best things about this easy-to-make marinade is that you can use it on beef, pork, chicken, and veggies. It keeps well in the fridge, so you can make a big batch and have it on hand whenever you’re ready to fire up the grill!
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon fresh oregano
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a jar with a secure top. Shake until well blended.
- Pour over meat, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Turn meat occasionally to coat.
- Meat can also be place in a plastic bag and placed in refrigerator.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Take pork chops from marinade and place on grill. Place on the grill and cook until the pork chop releases from the grill, about 4 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for another 3 minutes.