This no bake icebox cake is sure to be a chocolate lovers dream dessert! Made with Oreo cookies, a creamy filling then topped with whipped cream. It’s a cool, simple, decedent, sweet treat that’s sure to become a favorite for any occasion, any time of the year.
There’s just something about an icebox cake that I find irresistible. They tend to be simple to make with layers of cookies or graham crackers nestled in between creamy filling and chilled in the fridge until ready to serve. The fact that icebox cakes are the ultimate no-bake dessert is understandable. There’s something nostalgic about them as well, since most of the recipes come from our grandmothers and have been passed down through the generations. Icebox cakes let you get your creative juices flowing, since there’s so many different flavor combination to put together. I could probably keep going with all the reasons I love icebox cakes but you get my point. They’re just so good!
My latest icebox cake creation is Oreo Cream. Interestingly enough, I’ve not made a chocolate dessert in quite a while so I figured I’d show out a bit and this recipe was just the way to do that. I used the filling recipe from my Peaches and Cream Icebox Cake and knew it would be perfect for this chocolate version. After just a few slight changes, I knew I had a recipe that was a sure winner.
What you’ll need to make Oreo Cream Icebox Cake:
- Oreo cookies
- cream cheese
- heavy cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- Cool Whip
I’m not gonna lie, this cake is absolutely divine. If you’ve got a chocolate lover in your family, then make this for them. I’ve got one with Mr. A Southern Soul and I was anxious to serve it to him and get his review. So, recently, when he was out of town, I made this icebox cake. I hid it in the back of the fridge so when he got home and started digging around for a snack, he wouldn’t know it was there. When it was time for the big reveal, I cut a nice, pretty slice and served it up. What happened next was actually expected. He had no words, just a big grin. He just ate, and ate, and ate. I did get a wink and a hug when the plate was cleaned and every single morsel was enjoyed. Looks like the simple things are still the good things in life!
Looking for more easy to make desserts? Try these sweet treat recipes:
- Strawberry Jello Pie
- Banana Pudding Trifle
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip
- Pecan Pie Tart Bites
- Pumpkin Spice Dump Cake
- Classic Lemon Icebox Pie
Oreo Cream Icebox Cake
15.5 oz. packages Oreo Cookies
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 15 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 8 oz Cool Whip tubs
- In a 9 inch, round, spring form pan, place a layer of Oreo cookies. Break cookies in half or quarters to fill in bottom of pan where needed. Set aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, blend cream cheese and condensed milk until smooth. Fold in 8 oz (1 tub) of Cool Whip. Spoon cream mixture over cookies. Add a second layer of cookies (you should have several cookies left over) and repeat with cream layer. Cover and place in refrigerator for 12 to 24 hours.
- Remove cake from refrigerator and top with 8 oz. of Cool Whip. Remove cream filling from 8 to 10 cookies. Place cookies in a ziptop bag and crush. Sprinkle cookie crumbles on top of cake. Remove ring from cake pan and serve immediately.
- *** This cake can be made in a 9x13 inch dish if no spring form pan is available.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE!
Items You Might Need For This Recipe