- 2 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and devained
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley - chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 lemon - sliced very thin
- ½ onion - sliced very thin
- In a large pot, bring 6 cups water and Old Bay seasoning to a boil. Add shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes, until shrimp are pink. Remove shrimp and place in a bowl with ice water to cool. Drain shrimp when chilled.
- Add celery seed and coriander seed to a zip top bag and crush with a heavy object - I use a rolling pin. Place in a medium size bowl.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, red pepper, salt, garlic and bay leaves. Stir, mixing well.
- In a glass jar or serving bowl, layer onions, shrimp and lemons. Pour pickling brine over layers. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator overnight until ready to serve.
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE!