This post may contain affiliate links.
Tender, fluffy pumpkin cake squares topped with sweet, cream cheese frosting are easy to make and yummy to eat! Make these tender, fluffy pumpkin cake squares as soon as possible. This “scratch made” cake recipe is simple, easy to make, and just right for the pumpkin lover in your life.
This time of year makes me so happy. I love it when the seasons change. The changing colors of the leaves on the trees, cool, crisp mornings along with warm boots and cozy sweaters are things I look forward to…but, then again, the smells and flavors of fall’s delicious foods are without question the best.
That’s why I decided to kick off October with this delicious Pumpkin Snack Cake. It’s moist, with just the right about of warm spices. Of course, topping it off with cream cheese icing flavored with a little hint of citrus brings all the flavors together in just the right way.
What You Need To Make Pumpkin Snack Cake
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Ground Ginger
- Ground Nutmeg
- Vegetable Oil
- Pumpkin Purée
- Cream Cheese
- Confectioners Sugar
- Orange Juice
This made from scratch cake is so much easier to make than you might think. It uses basic pantry ingredients along with canned pumpkin purée.
To make the cake batter and the icing, I used a hand mixer. It’s the best tool to make sure all the ingredients are mixed well and smooth.
What Size Pan Is Recommended?
Pumpkin Snack Cake is a single-layer cake made in a metal or glass baking pan. I use a 13×9 inch pan for this recipe.
How To Make The Icing
The cream cheese icing makes this cake so good! To make it extra special, I’ve added in a splash of orange juice as the secret ingredient.
To make the icing, blend together cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the confectioners’ sugar and orange juice. Use the hand mixer to mix until the icing is smooth and creamy.
Pro Tip: substitute Pumpkin Pie Spice for the individual spices.
How Long Will Pumpkin Spice Cake Keep?
This cake will keep for up to 5 days. Make sure it’s covered and stored in the refrigerator since it has cream cheese icing.
How To Serve This Cake
Pumpkin Snack Cake is tender, moist, and has all the flavors of the season. Here are a few of my favorite ways to enjoy a piece:
- My #1 fav? With a hot cup of coffee in the afternoon. Of course, hot tea will work just fine, too!
- Serve it for dessert at a weeknight meal. Grab a few menu plans from Midweek Menu and add in this cake for an amazing meal.
- This cake is great to take to a neighborhood party or potluck. Since it’s one layer, it’s easy to transport, too.
More Easy Fall Sweets You’ll Love!
- Maple Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Pumpkin Coconut Muffins
- Sweet Potato Pie
- Pumpkin Spice Monkey Bread
- Easy Cinnamon Rolls
- 6 ounces cream cheese – softened
- 5 ⅓ tablespoons butter – softened
- 1 package confectioners sugar – 16 oz
- 4 tablespoon orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg into a medium size bowl.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl with a hand mixer until frothy.
- Add sugar to eggs and beat for 2 minutes.
- Mix oil and pumpkin into liquid mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, folding until moist – do not overmix.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until cake tests done – inserted cake tester or toothpick should come out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack to cool completely before icing.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in bowl with hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in confectioners sugar and orange juice for about 1 and half minutes.
- Spread over cake and cut into squares.