Get ready to fall in love with this scrumptious Brown Sugar Mustard Baked Ham! Trust me, after just 15 minutes of prep, you’ll have a mouthwatering dish featuring a heavenly combo of whole grain and Dijon mustard, along with the sweetness of Coca-Cola.
As you slice into the tender, juicy ham, you’ll feel like a superstar chef, serving up a visually stunning and delicious dish. Whether served for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, or a party, it’s sure to win over your family and friends.
The Best Baked Ham Recipes
How To Make Glazed Baked Ham In The Oven
This crowd-pleasing recipe is a breeze to prepare and goes perfectly with any side dish. Leftover ham makes great Southern Ham Salad, Ham And White Bean Soup, and is perfect for Ham and Cheese Strata.
- To get started, preheat your oven and place the spiral-cut ham in a roasting pan.
- Make the brown sugar mustard glaze – Mix in a small bowl, brown sugar, and mustard. Gently pat mixture over ham. Pour cola into the bottom of the pan. Cover ham with tin foil sealing around the edges of a large roasting pan. Place in oven and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. The ham will be fully cooked when an instant-read thermometer registers 140 degrees.
- Baste ham with juices and place back in the oven for 15 minutes. Brush the ham a second time and continue to cook for 15 more minutes. Remove ham from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions And Answers
A bone-in, fully cooked ham, that is spiral-cut works best for this recipe. Let the ham come to room temperature before cooking.
Plan for about ½ to ¾ pound of bone-in ham per person, or ¼ to ½ pound of boneless ham per person.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Tips For Slicing The Ham
- Use a sharp knife: A sharp, long, non-serrated knife is ideal for carving ham. This will ensure clean, even slices without tearing the meat.
- Allow the ham to rest: After removing the ham from the oven, let it rest for about 10-15 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, making the ham easier to slice and keeping it moist.
- Place the ham on a cutting board: Position the ham with the flat side down for a secure grip and easier slicing.
- Locate the bone: If you’re carving a bone-in ham, identify the location of the bone and plan your cuts around it to minimize waste.
- Slice along the grain: To achieve tender, easy-to-chew slices, carve the ham along the meat’s grain. This means cutting in the same direction as the muscle fibers.
- Start with the right thickness: Aim for slices that are about ¼-inch thick, which is ideal for both presentation and eating.
What To Serve With Brown Sugar Mustard Baked Ham
Now, its time to serve, and the best part is slicing through it like butter, and seeing how tender and juicy the ham is.
- Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
- Best Scalloped Potatoes
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
- Easy Ambrosia Salad
- Pear And Spinach Salad With Balsamic Vinaigrette
If you tried this Brown Sugar Mustard Baked Ham Recipe or any other recipe, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the comments below. Thanks!
- 1 10 pound spiral cut ham
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 can Coca Cola
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham, cut side down in a roasting pan. Trim any excess fat.
- Mix in a small bowl, brown sugar and mustards. Gently pat mixture over ham. Pour cola in bottom of pan. Cover ham with tin foil sealing around edges of roasting pan. Place in oven and cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove tin foil from ham. Baste ham with juices and place back in oven for 15 minutes. Baste ham a second time and continue to cook for 15 more minutes. Remove ham from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice ham from bone and place on serving platter. Spoon over additional dripping is desired. Store remaining slices of ham in airtight container in refrigerator.
More Thanksgiving Classics
If you’re looking for more ideas to help you celebrate the season, I’ve got you covered. These easy-to-make, showstopping side dishes are destined to become family favorites in no time!