This post may contain affiliate links.
Baked ham, cooked low and slow with brown sugar, mustard, and cola has been in my recipe file for years. Honestly, I don’t remember how many times I’ve made this ham – I stopped counting a long time ago. It’s the crowning glory on my Easter table and is Tom Turkey’s sidekick for Thanksgiving. Truth be told, a beautiful, flavorful ham is pretty much a requirement on a southern table for holidays or important celebrations since it’s easy to make, feeds a crowd, and people just love it.
Speaking of celebrations, this spring, something special is happening with this ham. My boys have asked me to go over the recipe with them so they can get the full scoop on how to make it for Mother’s Day!
I am just tickled because number one, they are thoughtful enough to make lunch for me and number two, they are using one of my recipes. Actually, I know they have their own taste buds in mind, but I don’t care.
I am just thrilled that they want to show some love to their mama and want to make Mother’s Day special for me.
What To Serve With Brown Sugar Mustard Baked Ham
Last But Not Least…
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Brown Sugar Mustard Baked Ham
- 1 10 pound spiral cut ham
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 can Coca Cola
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ham, cut side down in a roasting pan. Trim any excess fat.
- Mix in a small bowl, brown sugar and mustards. Gently pat mixture over ham. Pour cola in bottom of pan. Cover ham with tin foil sealing around edges of roasting pan. Place in oven and cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove tin foil from ham. Baste ham with juices and place back in oven for 15 minutes. Baste ham a second time and continue to cook for 15 more minutes. Remove ham from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Slice ham from bone and place on serving platter. Spoon over additional dripping is desired. Store remaining slices of ham in airtight container in refrigerator.