Super crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts are out of this world delicious! With just four simple ingredients and the magic of the air fryer, this easy to make recipe will be your new favorite way to cook this yummy veggie.
Thanks to the air fryer, I am now addicted to brussels sprouts and so is Mr. SS. That might sound a bit crazy especially if you’re not a fan of veggies but trust me, these crispy, crunchy, flavor loaded little “cabbages” are mind-blowing good!
For months I’ve been using my air fryer for all kinds of main and side dishes. I use it at least once a week and it’s become my go-to for easy, perfectly cooked food.
My Favorite Air Fryer Recipes:
- Baked Potatoes
- Whole Chicken
- Baby Red Potatoes
- Extra Crispy Chicken Wings
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Chicken Thighs
Super hot circulating air is what makes air frying work. This method of cooking has all the things we love about fried food, like crispy textures without all the excess oil and fat.
Plus, there’s no mess with the air fryer. There’s little to no clean up since the basket that the food cooks in can actually go in the dishwasher. YES!
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Brussels Sprouts
- Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
Tips For Making Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Buy firm sprouts without any blemishes. Wash them and trim off the bottoms. Cut the sprouts in half and if they are extra-large, cut them into quarters.
Unlike traditional frying, air frying does not use the same about of cooking oil. I use just enough olive oil to give a light coating on the sprouts and they turn out perfectly crispy and light.
This ensures that the brussels sprouts get tossed around and cooked evenly.
Brussels sprouts have a mild, cabbage-like flavor and they need to be seasoned correctly. I keep things simple with good sea salt and red pepper flakes before cooking and after the sprouts have come out of the air fryer. Just give them a taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.
Ways To Serve Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
These humble little sprouts do double and sometimes triple duty for me. I like to serve them as an appetizer, snack, side dish, and on salads. Here are a few ideas for serving up this yummy veggie:
- serve as an appetizer or snack with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce.
- they are a quick side dish made extra delicious with a drizzle of Balsamic Syrup.
- add fried bacon and onion for a main dish.
- these crispy sprouts are great on top of a salad with Blue Cheese Dressing.
More Easy To Make Veggie Recipes
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Skillet Green Beans
- Roasted Carrots with Honey and Lemon
- Skillet Squash Casserole
- Amazing Collard Greens
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Cut ends off of brussels sprouts and remove any bruised leaves. Cut sprouts in half and large ones into quarters.
- Add brussels sprouts to a medium-size bowl and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on salt and red pepper.
- Add the prepared sprouts to the basket of an air fryer. Set temperature to 370 degrees and timer to 15 minutes. Shake the basket of the air fryer at the halfway cooking time.
- Remove the brussels sprouts from the air fryer basket, taste, and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately.