This method really brings out all of their sweet, fresh flavor that’s perfect in soups, sauces and stews. I already have several bags stacked in my freezer and will add to my stock pile in the next few days. So, if you are like me and love fresh tomatoes, head to the farmers market this weekend and load up…there are only a few beauties left!
Roasting tomatoes brings out all of their sweet, fresh flavor that’s perfect in soups, sauces and stews, and this recipe will get you prepared for the long winter.
- 6 - 7 medium tomatoes - washed and quartered
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion roughly chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Place tomatoes on large baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Spinkle with salt and pepper
- Roast in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until tomatoes start to brown on top - being careful not to burn.
- Remove tomatoes from oven and let cool
- Place tomatoes in a freezer zip lock bag. Label and store in freezer for up to 6 months.