Some of the most simple things in life are the BEST and roasted garlic slathered on crunchy bread is at the top of my list! Ever since the weather turned colder, I’ve been making soups, stews and yummy warm dishes for my family. We love to have a little bread on the table but to be honest, that idea can get a little stale… get it? Sorry, I just had to.
Anyway, back to the garlic. Roasting garlic in the oven is ridiculously easy and once done, can be used in so many dishes. For rock star mashed potatoes, add in some roasted garlic or just melt a few roasted cloves to pasta with some olive oil, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper.
Tonight, we’ll be having Corn and Sweet Potato Chowder along with my favorite…toasted Italian bread with a spread of roasted garlic. I’ll serve it with some great Parmesan cheese and marinated olives. Heavenly day… do I really have to wait on my family?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut off top of garlic bulb making sure that you cut into all cloves.
- Place bulb on a piece of tin foil.
- Drizzle olive oil over the garlic.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Twist foil around the garlic clove and place on oven rack.
- Roast for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let cool for 1 hour.
- To use, hold the whole bulb and squeeze out the garlic cloves.
A little something extra ~ I most often roast 2 to 4 bulbs at a time. You can store any extra garlic (drizzled with a small amount of olive oil) in a covered container in the fridge for about a week.