This post may contain affiliate links.
If you’re a Bloody Mary fan, then you’re going to LOVE this chili! With all the bold flavors of that popular drink, this recipe makes a hearty bowl of goodness that’s loaded with beef, beans, and warm spicy flavors.
Whether you are making Vegetable Beef Soup, Bourbon Meatballs, or Bloody Mary Chili, I’ve included instructions for making these recipes on the stove top or in the Crock Pot.
There’s something so comforting about a bowl of chili! It’s great served up on cold winter evenings when you just want to warm up and feel cozy. It’s also great to serve when you’re having a party or feeding a crowd.
Almost every chili recipe that I know of is easy to make, has inexpensive ingredients, and also freezes well, which makes it great for meal planning.
What Makes Bloody Mary Chili So Good?
- It’s got an outrageously good secret ingredient – Bloody Mary Mix!
- Is ready to serve in less than an hour.
- Can be made on the stovetop or the crockpot.
- Is full of your favorite chili flavors of cumin, garlic, and chili powder.
What You Need To Make This Recipe:
- Ground Beef
- Tomato Paste
- Chili Powder
- Celery Salt
- Salt and Pepper
- Bloody Mary Mix – I use Zing Zang
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Red Kidney Beans and Navy Beans
This recipe is really simple to make so don’t be intimidated by the ingredients list. All that’s needed is a little measuring, chopping, and stirring. After that, you can choose how you’d like to make this recipe.
Just like my Vegetable Beef Soup recipe, I’ve included directions and cooking times for the stovetop or the slow cooker.
What Toppings Are Best For This Chili?
One of the most fun things about serving a big bowl of hot yummy chili is all the toppings that you can add. Here are a few of my favs:
- grated cheddar or Monterrey jack cheese
- diced fresh or pickled jalapeño peppers
- chopped onion
- sour cream or yogurt
- crushed tortilla chips
- a few dashes of hot sauce
- ladled over rice
Can Blood Mary Chili Be Frozen?
You bet! Make the chili according to the instructions and let it cool. Place it in freezer-safe containers and freeze for up to 3 months. When you want to serve it, let it thaw in the refrigerator and heat it on the stovetop.
More Comfort Food Recipes!
- Skillet Chicken Spaghetti
- Award-Winning Southern Soul Chili
- Easy White Chicken Chili
- Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Italian Sausage Ravioli Bake
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste concentrate – I use the tube version
- 3 cloves garlic – chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups Bloody Mary Mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 14 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15.5 oz can red kidney beans – drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 oz can navy or cannellini beans – drained and rinsed
- In a dutch oven, cook onion until translucent. Add ground beef and cook until done. Drain off grease. Add tomato paste, garlic, chili powder, celery salt, salt, pepper and cumin. Cook for 1 minute. Add Bloody Mary Mix and stir all ingredients together.
- Add in sugar, Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes and beans. Bring chili up to a boil then reduce to simmer. Place lid, slightly offset on pot and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings like sour cream, hot sauce, jalapenos, chopped onion or scallion.
- *SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS*
- Cook ground beef and onion in a skillet then place in bottom of slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Place lid on cooker.
- Cook on LOW FOR 6 – 8 HOURS or Cook on HIGH FOR 3 – 4 HOURS
This post may contain affiliate links.
Fantastic, won our company chili competition with this recipe. It was the overwhelming favorite . It was delicious .
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. Thank you for the outstanding rating.
F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C, Donya; an ultimate comfort food! I would never have thought of using bloody Mary mix in chili, but wow! Of course, all your other ingredients added in made it irresistible 🙂 Generally, I try not to have seconds, but I did on this, and so did my husband. Was great with cornbread and some of the toppings you suggested. So delicious, thank you!
Hey there Jackie!
My goodness, I am absolutely thrilled to hear that you and your husband enjoyed this recipe! Using Bloody Mary mix in a Chili recipe might be unconventional, but boy is it delicious, it’s hard to resist going back for seconds or even thirds. Thank you so very much for your kind words, your terrific rating, and for all of your support, it is always lovely to hear from you!
I used McClure’s Bloody Mary mix – very unique flavor that uses spicy pickle juice. That won me a chili cook off! I love Bloody Mary chili.
Hey there James!
Wow! It sounds like you made a terrific chili, I am so happy to hear you won the cookoff with this recipe! I’ve never heard of that brand of Bloody Mary Mix but I’ll definitely check it out, sounds delicious. Thank you so much for your kind words and fantastic rating, I really appreciate your support. If you ever have any questions about a recipe, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
I wish the recipes included nutrition information for those of us who need that sort of thing. Some of them look interesting but there are so many good recipes on the internet that DO have nutrition information. . .
Hey there Mary!
Thank you for your interest in this recipe! If you want to know the nutritional information for it, you can click the link at the bottom of this comment and then copy and paste the recipe’s ingredients into this calculator to find out all the nutrition facts you need. I hope this helps, if you end up making a recipe I’d love to hear your thoughts on how it turns out. Have a great rest of your day!
Looks beautiful and delicious! I do some prep ahead meals but not that many. I think this is very worthwhile and nice to know you always have a meal on hand!
This is definitely a must-try! Looks so comforting!
Oops! Thanks Syndi. The recipe is updated and I hope you’ll give it a try.
Have a great day,
Deb – thanks to the catch! Typo, YES. The recipe is updated.
Have a great day,