Tacos and spaghetti come together in this easy to make casserole that scores big time at the supper table! Made with ground beef, pasta, taco seasoning and loaded with cheese, this is comfort food taken to the max.
If you love tacos, and who doesn’t, right, then you are going to LOVE this casserole. I’ve combined spaghetti with some of my favorite taco flavors and turned into a casserole that’s so stinking good. This is a no frills kind of dish that’s ideal for a weeknight meal and perfect for pot lucks and covered dish suppers. It’s made with simple ingredients and is ready to serve in 45 minutes. It’s also freezer friendly so you can have a great dish to serve when you’re tight on time.
What you need to make Taco Spaghetti Bake:
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- diced tomatoes and green chilies
- tomato sauce
- Monterrey Jack cheese
- cheddar cheese
This recipe has quickly become a favorite of my youngest son. I’m not sure exactly what’s going on with here but over the past 24 hours, half of the casserole has disappeared and I’ve not had a single bite. Maybe he’s going through a growing spurt or maybe he just loves my cooking. I think I’ll claim the latter as the real reason that he loves this Taco Spaghetti Bake so much!
Check out these easy to make comfort food recipes:
- Out Of This World Baked Spaghetti
- Herb Butter Roast Chicken and Potatoes
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Homemade Tomato Soup
- Southern Style Chicken Stew
- Crock Pot Creamed Corn
Taco Spaghetti BakePrint Pin Rate
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chilies (Ro-Tel mild)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 pound spaghetti (1 box)
- 1 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese - shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- chopped tomatoes and chives for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13x9 inch baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large pot, cook spaghetti according to package directions making sure to salt water. When done, drain. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef along with onion. When beef is no longer pink, drain off any excess fat. Add taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and green chilies (DO NOT drain), water and tomato sauce. Mix and cook until sauce has thickened, approximately 8 minutes. Add spaghetti and mix well. Add in 1 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese and stir. Pour spaghetti mixture into prepared dish. Top with remaining Monterrey Jack and cheddar cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking for 5 more minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes. Top with chopped tomatoes, chives and sour cream. Serve!
Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE!
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!