This morning when the family woke up, the whole house smelled amazing! We love apple butter on toast, with sweet potato chips and this year will be giving a little jar to friends for Christmas. Give this one a try friends, you’ll be happy you did.
Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- 3 pounds of apples (I used a mixture of granny smith, macintosh & gala)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Wash, peel, core and chop apples.
- Coat inside of slow cooker with butter and place apples inside.
- Sprinkle brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt over apples. Gently stir to mix. Pour water over mixture.
- Place lid on slow cooker, set to low for 8 hours.
- After cooking time, remove lid and let cool for 30 minutes. Using an immersion blender (regular blender on pulse or potato masher will also work) blend apples until smooth.
- With lid off of crock pot, continue to cook apple butter for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until thickened.
- Let cool & store in airtight container in refrigerator.