This post is sponsored by my friends at Dan-O’s Seasoning, but all opinions expressed are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support my family and me.
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies are taken to a whole new level with a spicy, brown sugar seasoning and will disappear right before your eyes! This easy-to-make appetizer, with just 5 ingredients, is great for parties, game day, or any time you are craving something delicious.
Ok, it’s time to get serious for a minute. Serious about big, bold flavors that will have you licking your fingers. That’s what’s going on right here.
Sweet And Spicy Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies are off the charts good! As if the magical combination of bacon and brown sugar was not enough, throw in some Dan-O’s seasoning then you’ve got an explosion of sweet and savory perfection.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
Even though this recipe is super easy to make, what makes it so good is the combination of ingredients. Just like my Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries, the seasoning is key. Here’s what you need:
- Little Smokies Smoked Sausages
- Bacon – use regular bacon and not thick cut
- Light-Brown Sugar
- Dan-O’s Original and Spicy Seasoning – here’s where to buy it
Ingredients To Make This Recipe
- Little Smokies Sausages
- Brown Sugar
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning
How To Make Sweet And Spicy Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Gather the ingredients along with a glass baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar along with Dan-O’s seasonings.
- Cut the bacon into thirds. Wrap a piece of bacon around a Little Smokie and place in the pan, seam side down.
- Sprinkle over seasoned brown sugar. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until bacon edges are crispy. If you want an extra crispy topping, broil for just a few seconds.
Can This Recipe Be Made Ahead Of Time?
You bet! Actually, that’s how I do it. I like to make this recipe the night before I want to serve it. I load up my baking pan, cover the bacon-wrapped smokies with plastic wrap, and store them in the refrigerator. Overnight, the brown sugar and seasoning will have time to hang out together and slightly melt into the bacon. WOW! It’s soooo good!
Tips For Making Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- I use regular bacon for this recipe. Thick cut bacon really doesn’t work here.
- Cut the bacon slices into thirds. Wrap bacon around each little smokie. To keep it from “unraveling” during cooking, place in the baking pan, seam side down.
- To make this recipe even spicier, substitute Dan-O’s Spicy Seasoning for all the seasoning measurements.
How To Keep Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies Warm
Even though these babies disappear fast, if you are making them for a party, you’ll want to keep them warm. After baking, place the smokies in a Crock Pot set to low or warm for easy serving.
Once you make this recipe, you’ll find reasons to make it again! It is the ultimate appetizer during football season and a must-make for the Super Bowl.
Ideas For Serving
- I love turning this recipe into a main dish! I serve little smokies with my Mediterranean Pasta Salad for a fun take on dinner and movie night.
- This dish is great to serve on an appetizer tray before Sunday Supper. Build a tray with bacon wrapped little smokies, Cheddar and Chive Cheese Ball and some fresh fruit.
- For casual entertaining, this recipe is a winner. I serve it with a big pot of Southern Style Chicken Stew or Crock Pot Potato Soup along with a fresh green salad, homemade Greek Salad Dressing and S’mores Brownies for dessert.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bacon strips into thirds. Wrap a piece of bacon around a Little Smokie, and place seam side down in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and Dan-O's Original and Spicy seasoning. Mix to combine and sprinkle over Little Smokies. Bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes until bacon edges are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Place on a serving tray with toothpicks.