Take your french fry game to a whole new level and cook them in the Air Fryer! Then, toss in a bit of garlic butter, Parmesan cheese and parsley for an explosion of savory flavor. To finish them off, dip them into a homemade sauce that’s creamy and cool. They’re ideal for game day, tailgating, as an appetizer or side dish.
If you’ve not jumped on the Air Fryer band wagon yet, this is the recipe to help convenience you to take the plunge. These Air Fried Parmesan French Fries are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. There’s no mess and extra fat from deep frying and you can actually make a huge batch in less than 30 minutes. I added extra flavor with garlic, Parmesan and parsley along with whipping up our favorite Fry Sauce for dipping. The big secret here is, I used store bought, frozen, thin cut potatoes!
What you’ll need to make Air Fried Parmesan French Fries with Dipping Sauce:
- frozen thin cut french fries
- garlic cloves
- Parmesan cheese
This recipe came about due to the love my boys have for Truffle Fries. You see, here in town, there’s a couple of restaurants that we’re fans of who serve these fries. I’m not gonna lie, those fries are over the top delicious! We always get an order, actually when all four of us are together, we request a double order. Because of this “truffle fry addiction” I decided to take matters in my own hands and come up with a semi-homemade version. This might be one of my all time best, quick and easy, powerful good recipes ever!
Making french fries in the air fryer is so simple I can’t believe I’ve not tried it before. You don’t use any oil since the frozen fries are already prepared. All you do is load up the fryer basket, set the temperature to 400 and the timer to 20 minutes. Halfway through the cooking time, pull out the basket, give the fries a shake (don’t miss this step) then continue cooking. Once the fries are done, just season to your liking. And the clean up? Everything goes in the dishwasher!
I season my perfectly cooked fries with just a little bit of garlic butter, Parmesan cheese, salt and parsley. They are so close to the restaurant version that we didn’t even miss the truffles. To make this dish even more special, I added a bowl of Fry Sauce for dipping. This combination of salty, savory fries with the cream, tangy sauce is just a match made in heaven!
Great sauces to use with Air Fried Parmesan French Fries:
Air Fryer Parmesan French Fries with Dipping SaucePrint Pin Rate
- Air Fryer
Parmesan French Fries
- 1 28 oz bag frozen thin cut french fries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt (or measure to your liking)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley - chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash cayenne pepper
Air Fryer Parmesan French Fries
- Place 1/2 bag of french fries (14 ounces) into basket of air fryer. Set fryer to 400 degrees for 20 minutes. When 10 minutes has lapsed on timer, remove basket from air fryer and shake french fries. Return basket and continue cooking.
- While french fries are cooking, to a microwave safe container, add butter and garlic. Place in microwave and melt butter, approximately 15 seconds. Stir and set aside.
- When french fries are done cooking, remove basket from air fryer. Drizzle garlic butter over fries, sprinkle with salt, Parmesan cheese and parsley. Toss to coat. Place on a platter or bowl and serve immediately with Fry Sauce.
- To a medium size bowl, add mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, garlic powder and cayenne. Stir together and serve with fries.
Love this recipe and want to save it? Pin it HERE!
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you!
Price: $64.22Was: $90.00