This post may contain affiliate links.
Tender chicken and creamy avocados are the stars of the show in this flavor-packed salad. Avocado Chicken Salad with bacon, corn, red onion, and almonds, all tossed in a creamy vinaigrette, is the perfect light salad for lunch and makes excellent sandwiches and wraps.
I am a sucker for chicken salad. I’m always on the lookout for an exciting combination of interesting ingredients, and with this recipe, I’ve found it. Every bite of this Avocado Chicken Salad has me doing a little shake and shimmy with a few “oohs,” and “ahhs” thrown in. Am I being a little overly dramatic? Nope, not at all.
What Makes This Recipe So Special?
- It’s easy to make with rotisserie chicken or leftover chicken breasts.
- Avocados make this salad extra creamy with a “good for you” healthy vibe packed with vitamin c.
- This avocado chicken salad recipe has great crunch from crispy bacon, sweet corn, and slivered almonds.
- It’s a no-mayo recipe. The salad comes together with a bright, creamy vinaigrette dressing, making it extra delicious.
- Avocado Chicken Salad is great for lunch with crackers or tortilla chips, a sandwich with romaine lettuce and sliced tomato, or a lettuce or tortilla wrap.
OMG! So yummy, quick and easy. Perfect for picnics, parties and showers. Can’t get enough.April
Ingredients Needed To Make Avocado Chicken Salad
- Chicken white and/or dark meat – I use rotisserie or leftover chicken to save time.
- Avocados – medium size with the pit removed.
- Cooked Bacon
- Corn – you can use canned, drained corn or frozen that has been thawed.
- Red Onion – chopped green onion is an excellent substitute if you don’t have red onion.
- Fresh Chopped Parsley – cilantro can also be used. For an extra punch, fresh dill or tarragon are great extras.
- Slivered Almonds
- Creamy Vinaigrette Dressing
- Salt and Pepper
Scroll down for measurements and instructions
Chicken Salad Recipes You’ll Love
How To Make Creamy Vinaigrette Dressing
This dressing is so good in this salad! It’s also delicious on fresh greens or used in pasta salads.
- Grab a small bowl and a whisk. Add the Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until emulsified. Slowly add the heavy cream, whisking until you blend all the ingredients.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, and continue to whisk until smooth. Add any fresh herbs you like, stir, and you are ready to serve.
5 Days of Christmas at Home
FREE EMAIL Bonus
Festive recipes to make your holiday kitchen full of joy
How To Store And Save
Chicken avocado salad is best served as soon as it’s made. If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6–7 hours.
Does Avocado Chicken Salad Turn Brown?
After a few hours, this salad, just like guacamole, will turn brown. If you want to make it ahead of time, you can prep the ingredients and make the vinaigrette dressing separately in the fridge.
To keep the avocados from turning dark, sprinkle them with lime juice or lemon juice. Before serving, mix up the salad, then taste and season with salt and pepper.
Craving More? Try These Salad Recipes:
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- Best Caprese Salad (Fresh and Simple)
- Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Avocado Tomato Salad
- Broccoli Apple Salad
- Classic Waldorf Salad
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 pitted, chopped avocados
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 4 slices cooked, chopped bacon
- 1 cup corn (drained and/or thawed)
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup creamy vinaigrette dressing
- salt and pepper
- Make creamy vinaigrette dressing and set aside.
- Add shredded or chopped chicken, avocado, onion, bacon, corn, parsley, and almonds to a large bowl. Pour over the dressing and gently toss all the ingredients together.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with crackers or as a sandwich, a wrap or on lettuce.
- place the chicken salad in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 6-7 hours.