This post may contain affiliate links.
In just 5 minutes, you can make Creamy Vinaigrette Dressing, perfect for salad greens, a party platter with veggies, or for drizzling over chicken or fish. This restaurant-quality homemade dressing is better than anything you can find in a store, and it’s made with simple, flavorful pantry ingredients, making it absolutely delicious.
Making homemade salad dressing does not need to be complicated, and this recipe, Creamy Vinaigrette, proves that. For years, I’ve been making handcrafted dressings with simple ingredients that suit my own tastes. They take very little time to make yet significantly impact anything I serve them with.
My Favorite Homemade Dressings
- Easy Vinaigrette
- Homemade Greek Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Green Goddess Dressing
- Classic Thousand Island Dressing
Creamy Vinaigrette is my latest obsession. It’s velvety, light, and flavorful, thanks to good white wine vinegar, fresh cracked pepper, and herbs. This dressing is super versatile, too. I often change the flavor with different herb combinations or by adding garlic or shallots.
When you make this dressing, you’ll get why I’m obsessed. And…I have a feeling you will be, too.
Scroll Down For Measurements And Instructions
What Is Creamy Vinaigrette Made With?
- Dijon Mustard
- White Wine Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Heavy Cream
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Fresh Herbs – parsley, oregano, basil, and chives, are excellent choices. Other additions to consider – chopped garlic, shallots, or onion.
What’s For Dinner?
5 Easy Delicious Meal Plans + Secrets To Getting Dinner On The Table!
What Is A Vinaigrette?
Vinaigrette or vinaigrette dressing is a sauce made from oil, vinegar, and seasoning. It’s most often used on salads but has many more uses.
Ways To Use Homemade Salad Dressing:
- As a yummy dip with sliced veggies or chips.
- It makes an excellent dressing for pasta salad.
- Use it as a marinade for beef, chicken, or pork.
- Brush it on fish or shrimp for an extra punch of flavor.
- Slather it on burgers and sandwiches for an unexpected twist.
- I love to make a spinach salad, toss in some leftover chicken, shrimp, or salmon, then drizzle on the homemade creamy vinaigrette.
Let’s Make The Dressing
This dressing is incredibly easy to make. You don’t need a blender, food processor, or other electric kitchen tools.
- Grab a small bowl and a whisk. Add the Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until emulsified.
- Slowly add the heavy cream, whisking until you blend all the ingredients.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, and continue to whisk until smooth. Add any fresh herbs you like, stir, and you are ready to serve.
Storage Tips For Homemade Dressings
I like to use a mason jar or other glass containers to store my homemade creation. I often use a “recycled” jelly jar or sauce bottle with a screw-top lid.
How Long Does Creamy Vinaigrette Last?
In the fridge, homemade dressing in an airtight container will last up to 7 to 10 days.
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped chives or other herbs
- To a small bowl, add the Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk until emulsified.
- Slowly add the heavy cream, whisking until all the ingredients are well-blended.
- Drizzle in the olive oil, and continue to whisk until smooth. Add any fresh herbs you like, and stir.
- Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
perfect for picnics, showers, parties. the perfect additions to veggie tray and salads
You’ve made my day. Thanks for sharing.
I appreciate your terrific rating!