Fresh herbs and dill pickles mixed with cream cheese make a dip that’s loaded with surprising flavors. Served with veggies and crackers it’s an appetizer that pickle lovers will go crazy over. The funny thing about this dill pickle dip is that even the “I don’t like pickles” crowd like it! Shocking, I know.
I’m always on the hunt for yummy appetizers and dips that can be whipped up in a flash. I especially like recipes that come together with items that can be found in my pantry and fridge. Well, this “new to me” dip is one tackles both of those goals. Until recently, I’d never tried dill pickle dip which is quite strange considering how much I like pickles. Anyway, after one taste of this concoction, I decided to make my own version of a dip make with pickles. It starts with cream cheese and sour cream which in my book, you can never do wrong with.
Then for my version, I added fresh dill, chives and a little garlic powder. The dill pickles along with some of the juice from the jar give the dip a punch of flavor and when combined with the fresh herbs, well, it’s like they were just meant to be together. I serve it with some sliced veggies like cucumbers and carrots along with some pretzel chips. One thing I found out, this “dip” also makes a great sauce for burgers and sandwiches. Hello…now, I’ve got a easy to make recipe that does double duty! Hashtag…WINNING.
Herb & Dill Pickle Dip
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese - room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup dill pickles - chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill - chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives - chopped
- In a medium size bowl, mix together cream cheese and sour cream with a wooden spoon or hand mixer. Add in pickles, pickle juice, garlic powder, black pepper, dill and chives. Mix until thoroughly blended. Store in airtight container in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- As a dip - serve with veggies and crackers. Can be used as a spread for burgers, sandwiches and fish.