The conversation started like this…”Mom, remember that time you made that really good bread that had cheese on it”? My answer was, yes, but I make lots of different kinds of bread with cheese.
I really had no idea what my boy was talking about. Of course, being the smart, tenacious young man that he is, he was NOT going to let it go. So, our talk continued with him using very descriptive words and phrases, adding in some hand gestures trying to help me remember what I’d made all those months ago. We ended up laughing so hard we had tears rolling down our faces and then it happened…I remembered! At that point, I had to add in a famous Mom comment – “well, why didn’t you say that in the first place”! We laughed again and he rolled his eyes. After all of that, I had to honor his request for the pull apart bread so I headed to the store for supplies, smiling all the way. Sharing times like that with my boy makes me unbelievably happy and my heart overflowing with joy.
Whether you're looking for a filling snack or a delicious side dish, this pull apart bread is sure to be a hit.
- 1 round loaf of bread
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package mini-pepperoni or regular size rounds cut in half
- 4 T butter - melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoon shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut into bread, ALMOST to the bottom, horizontally and vertically making squares in the load. Do not cut all the way through so that bread stays in tack. Place bread on a tin foil lined baking sheet.
- Stuff the pepperoni and mozzarella into the slits of the bread.
- Add garlic and Italian seasoning to melted butter and stir. Brush mixture over the bread. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese. Cover loaf with foil and place in oven. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and place bread back in oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve bread with warm marinara sauce.
Check out more Bread recipes along with delicious Appetizers by clicking on the titles at the top of the page!
This looks delicious, Donya!
Thanks friend! Looks like I'm making this recipe again today while my guy has some friends over! I'm keeping my local bakery in business.