This post may contain affiliate links.
Pan Roasted Chickpeas are a super-healthy snack that couldn’t be easier to make. These seasoned chickpeas make a great addition to soups and salads and are a great way to add crunch and flavor to any meal.
Full disclosure…I’ve never been a fan of chickpeas. I’m not sure what it was, but for years they were a big no for me. Now, I’ve changed my mind. You see, I never want to be considered a “stick in the mud” kind of person who never tries anything new.
Last week, I grabbed a couple of cans of garbanzo beans, the official name for chickpeas, some olive oil, salt and pepper, and a skillet. After seasoning and roasting those babies for a few minutes, I tried them. After just one bite, my attitude towards chickpeas was changed forever!
Why You’ll Love Pan Roasted Chickpeas
- These chickpeas have a great texture! They are crispy on the outside and creamy and tender on the inside.
- You can customize them with any spice blend that you like.
- This is a one-pan recipe made in about 20 minutes.
- They are a nutritious plant-based protein loaded with fiber.
- Chickpeas are an inexpensive way to stretch your budget and a meal.
What You Need To Make This Recipe
- Canned Chickpeas – 15-ounce or 16-ounce can, drained and dried on a paper towel.
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Red Pepper
Scroll down for measurements and instructions
This healthy snack can be flavored so many different ways. Here are some of my favorites:
- Smoked Paprika
- Curry Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Dan-O’s Chipotle Seasoning
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Cumin or Taco Seasoning
Roasted Chickpeas Recipe Tips
- Make sure the chickpeas are dry before roasting. Drain them, then rinse. Next, I line a sheet pan with paper towels and then spread the chickpeas to dry.
- Once the chicken are roasted, place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet to cool.
- Store pan roasted chickpeas in an airtight container in the fridge. They will soften, so to add back the crunch, place them in a dry skillet and heat over medium for a couple of minutes.
Ultimate Spring Recipe Guide
FREE Email Bonus: Spring into flavor with delicious seasonal recipes!
Ways To Serve
Soups and salads are no-brainers, but I also like to serve roasted chickpeas in several other ways.
- Sprinkled over Bloody Mary or Creamy White Chicken Chili
- As a topping for Crock Pot Potato Soup, Sweet Potato Soup or Healthy Mushroom Soup.
- Tossed into Spaghetti Salad, Skillet Green Beans or Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Noodles.
Make Sure To Follow On Pinterest
- 1 15 or 16 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flake
- Place the drained and rinsed chickpease on a paper towel to dry for 3-5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the dried chickpeas and roast until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and red pepper flakes, stir, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet to dry.
- Serve immediately.
- After storing in the fridge, the chickpeas will soften. To add crunch, place the chickpeas in a dry skillet and heat for 1-2 minutes.
Rate & Comment