This post may contain affiliate links.
Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip is a quick and easy appetizer that is sure to be a hit at your next party! Made with slow-cooked buffalo chicken, cheese and loaded with your favorite wing sauce, it’s a hot, creamy dip that will have everyone begging you for the recipe.
I’ve taken my Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken recipe and turned it into a second recipe…dip! I love using a recipe in more than one way and this one is a perfect fit for such a lofty goal.
Several years ago, I created my version of buffalo chicken, cooked low and slow in the crockpot. It’s a winner! I make it when I’m feeding a crowd, when I’m entertaining and when I need a no-stress weeknight meal. After making it a few weeks ago, I had some leftovers, so, I decided to turn it into a dip.
Ingredients Needed For Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
How To Make This Recipe
The recipe came together in no time since I had all the necessary ingredients right in the fridge. I mixed my leftover Buffalo Chicken with some cream cheese, cheddar, and sour cream. I added a bit more wing sauce, topped every off with more cheese, and baked the dish for about 30 minutes. The outcome was awesome!
How To Make Buffalo Chicken
My recipe for making Buffalo Chicken is super easy since it’s made in the slow cooker.
- Cut butter in chunks and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place chicken breasts on top of the butter. Make sure to use thawed chicken. Using frozen chicken is not recommended for use in the crockpot. The chicken will spend too long in the “danger zone” at room temperature as it thaws and can grow bacteria.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning over the chicken breasts.
- Pour a whole bottle of buffalo wing sauce over all ingredients. Place the lid on the crock pot, set temperature and time.
- When chicken is cooked, shred with two forks.
- Add in sour cream and mix everything together.
People Often Ask…
To bake the dip, place it in a medium-size oven-proof dish. Set the oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken dip in the oven and cook for 20 – 25 minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
Yes, you can! To freeze, place the dip in a freezer-safe container with a lid. Place it in the freezer for up to three months. Before baking, let dip thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Before heating, transfer to a baking dish and follow the recipe instructions for baking the dip.
What To Serve With Buffalo Chicken Dip
I like to serve the hot dip with cool, celery sticks, since they are the sort of required when you’re eating buffalo anything. I also serve tortilla chips because they are ideal for scooping up big helpings of the creamy dip.
More Great Dip Recipes You’ll Love!
- Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Million Dollar Dip
- Crock Pot Reuben Dip
- Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Dip
- Garlic and Herb Tahini Dip
- 2 cups shredded buffalo chicken
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese – room temp
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese – shredded
- 2 tablespoons wing sauce – optional
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix buffalo chicken, cream cheese, sour cream and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Add additional wing or hot sauce if desired. Pour into a glass or oven proof baking dish and top with remaining cup of cheddar cheese. Place in oven and cook for 20 – 25 minutes until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve with celery sticks and/or tortilla chips.