Two kinds of cheese, savory sausage, eggs, and tender cornbread are all baked together for an unexpected dish that’s amazing! Cheesy Sausage Cornbread Quiche is ideal when you’re feeding a crowd for breakfast and it’s great for brunch, lunch or a special dinner with friends. A couple of weeks ago, I got a call from a good friend asking for some recipe help. Tommy, whose family owns Neese’s Sausage was in need of a few ideas for using their homemade sausage. This delicious sausage is famous in these parts and most everyone I know grew up on it. After chatting about some ideas, Tommy dropped off some packages for me to experiment with and I’m sure you can appreciate what happened next…I got to work! This task was a labor of love. I really enjoy creating new recipes for my family, friends and A Southern Soul. I really, really enjoy this process when I’m using great ingredients. I’d been toying with a new quiche recipe so when I got a package of Neese’s sausage, I knew I had to make something good happen. Cheesy Sausage Cornbread Quiche is a new take on the traditional quiche recipes you know. It’s crustless since the cornbread turns into somewhat of a deconstructed crust that runs throughout the whole dish. It’s loaded with cheddar and Parmesan cheese, eggs and is seasoned perfectly. It’s a savory pie that takes very little effort to make and I promise, once you make it, you’ll be blown away with how good it is.
What’s In Cheesy Sausage Cornbread Quiche?
This recipe is so easy to make because you probably have 90% of the ingredients on hand. Each element is simple yet when combined they turn into something incredible! Here’s what you’ll need :
- Cornbread Bread Mix
- Cheddar Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Half and Half
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make This Recipe
To pull this recipe together, first, you’ll need to make the cornbread. I use Jiffy Cornbread Mix that comes in a box. Make it according to the package direction, let it cool and cut it into cubes. Cook the sausage, breaking it up with a wooden spoon into small pieces then drain it on paper towels. Next, it’s time to whisk up the eggs. Add-in the half and half, chives, garlic, nutmeg, salt and, pepper. Grate the cheddar and Parmesan and add it to the eggs and stir. To a large bowl, add the cornbread and sausage then pour in the eggs and cheese mixture. Gently mix all the ingredients together then pour into a deep-dish pie plate that’s been sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for 45 minutes until the middle is set and the top is golden brown. That’s it! Your masterpiece is done.
How To Reheat Cheesy Sausage Cornbread Quiche
If you’ve made this recipe ahead of time, you can reheat it in the oven. Wrap it in foil and place in a 350-degree oven for about 10-15 minutes until the center is hot. For a quick way to heat up a slice of quiche, you can use the microwave. That’s what Mr. SS does when he gets impatient and has to have some immediately. Put the slice on a microwave-safe plate and heat for 15 to 20 seconds until heated through.
Can I Substitute Different Cheese?
You bet. You can use Colby Jack, Monterrey or even Pepper Jack. If you don’t have Parmesan cheese, just skip it and increase the amount of the other cheese you are adding.
More Yummy Sausage Recipes To Make
- Sausage and Cheese Bread
- Pimento Cheese Sausage Dip
- Sausage Balls
- Spicy Sausage Dip
- Sausage and Cheese Frittata
If you make this recipe, let me know!
You can rate it below, leave me a comment or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul.
- 1 pound sausage - cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups cornbread - cubed (I use an 8.5 oz box of Jiffy cornbread muffin mix)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried chives
- ½ teaspoon garlic - minced
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese - shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese - shredded
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, breaking it into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Place on paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Prepare cornbread, bake and cut into small cubes. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 or 10 inch deep dish cooking pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, salt, chives, garlic and, nutmeg. Pour-over cubed cornbread and sausage then sprinkle on ¾ of cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Gently toss all together. Pour into prepared deep dish pan. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for 45 minutes until cheese is golden brown and middle of quiche is set.***If quiche gets too brown before middle is set, lightly cover with a sheet of foil.
- Remove pan from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.