This post may contain affiliate links.
Sausage and Cheese Frittata is an easy to make, crowd pleasing breakfast! Whether you’re cooking for a weekend brunch with your family or for a big holiday, this recipe is guaranteed to have folks racing to the table!
Some of you all saw the photo I posted on Facebook of my sausage and cheese frittata and you loved it! I’m sure you thought I forgot about posting the recipe, but no worries, here it is…finally.
I got a little distracted using all the goodies I received from OXO. They sent me 3 new kitchen gadgets specifically designed for eggs. If you do any sort of baking, the Egg Separator is perfect because it sits on the edge of the bowl, catches the yolk and lets the white run through.
The OXO Omelet Spatula is one of my all time favorite utensils. It has a wide, flexible surface so that you can easily get underneath the food and allows you to flip your masterpiece like a pro. Everyone in the family agrees that our favorite is the Egg Beater. Old school goes modern with a great enhancement – the comfort grip handle snaps off so you can just drop the beaters in the dishwasher for clean up…love it!
So, now you see why I’ve been a little behind on sharing about the frittata. I had to test (have some fun with) my new kitchen helpers. OXO makes great products for the kitchen and these 3 are welcome additions to my OXO collection.
Ingredients Needed To Make Sausage and Cheese Frittata
- Parmesan cheese – grated
- Sausage – ground
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
How To Make This Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crumble sausage in pan and cook on a medium heat until done. Drain off fat and set aside.
- Heat butter in a nonstick skillet. Sautee onions over medium high heat, cook until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy, then stir in cheese. Pour eggs into skillet with onions and gently stir with OXO Spatula. Sprinkle sausage over eggs and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the egg mixture sets on the bottom and starts to get firm.
- Place skillet into oven and turn to broil. Cook until lightly browned and fluffy. Gently remove to serving platter or cutting board and cut into wedges.
People Often Ask…
That is a fantastic question! My secret tip to a great Frittata is to buy the BEST possible ingredients. When chickens are stressed out it can actually change the flavor of the eggs that they lay, so buying free range, organic eggs is the way to go with a frittata. I like to buy my eggs from a local farmer at the farmer’s market, they taste incredible!
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love…
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Cupcakes
- Ham and Cheese Croissant Casserole
- Egg & Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Ham and Cheese Strata
- Ham & Cheese Egg Cups
Last But Not Least…
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Frittata with Sausage and Cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion – thinly sliced
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb sausage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Crumble sausage in pan until done. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat butter in a nonstick skillet (12 inch).
- On medium high heat, cook onion until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and cheese with OXO Egg Beater until light and fluffy.
- Pour eggs into skillet with onions and gently stir with OXO Spatula.
- Sprinkle sausage over eggs and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the egg mixture sets on the bottom and starts to get firm.
- Place skillet into oven and turn to broil.
- Cook until lightly browned and fluffy.
- Gently remove to serving platter or cutting board and cut into wedges.