Some of you all saw the photo I posted on Facebook of my sausage and cheese frittata and you loved it! I’m sure you thought I forgot about posting the recipe, but no worries, here it is…finally.
I got a little distracted using all the goodies I received from OXO. They sent me 3 new kitchen gadgets specifically designed for eggs. If you do any sort of baking, the Egg Separator is perfect because it sits on the edge of the bowl, catches the yolk and lets the white run through. The OXO Omelet Spatula is one of my all time favorite utensils. It has a wide, flexible surface so that you can easily get underneath the food and allows you to flip your masterpiece like a pro. Everyone in the family agrees that our favorite is the Egg Beater. Old school goes modern with a great enhancement – the comfort grip handle snaps off so you can just drop the beaters in the dishwasher for clean up…love it!
So, now you see why I’ve been a little behind on sharing about the frittata. I had to test, have some fun with my new kitchen helpers. OXO makes great products for the kitchen and these 3 are welcome additions to my OXO collection.
You can pick up all three of these at Bed, Bath & Beyond and at Target. Make sure to let me know how you use your new egg utensils. I’ll share more later on other ways I’ve found to use the egg beater…
Getting ready for a beautiful frittata made with fresh local eggs. All I have to do is press the little gray button on the egg beater and clean up is a snap!
Frittata with Sausage and Cheese
Frittatas are an easy way to whip up breakfast, or any other meal, super fast.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion - thinly sliced
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb sausage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Crumble sausage in pan until done. Drain on paper towels.
- Heat butter in a nonstick skillet (12 inch).
- On medium high heat, cook onion until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and cheese with OXO Egg Beater until light and fluffy.
- Pour eggs into skillet with onions and gently stir with OXO Spatula.
- Sprinkle sausage over eggs and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until the egg mixture sets on the bottom and starts to get firm.
- Place skillet into oven and turn to broil.
- Cook until lightly browned and fluffy.
- Gently remove to serving platter or cutting board and cut into wedges.
Can be served immediately or at room temperature. This dish is great for lunch or dinner. It also makes a great leftover for school lunches.