This post may contain affiliate links.
Take your coleslaw to a whole new level with sweet, tangy cranberries and crunchy pecans. Mix in an apple and some savory, green onions then toss them all in a creamy dressing for a dish that will be a favorite at any gathering!
I think the reason it’s shown up in so many places for so many years that it’s just so stinking good! It’s fruity, sweet, tart, and crunchy. It’s one dish that has just the right amount of each of those important elements for a burst of flavor in every bite.
Now, I have to share a little “funny” with you. As much as I love and rave about this slaw, I’ve never made it. I think somehow or another, the whole notion of making for myself just escaped me.
What You Need To Make Cranberry Pecan Slaw
- Bagged Slaw Mix
- Dried Cranberries
- Green Onions
- Sour Cream
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
How To Make This Recipe
To a “bagged” slaw mix, I added dried cranberries, an apple, chopped pecans, and green onions. Now, how easy was that?
Next, all that was needed was to make a creamy dressing with just the right mix of flavors. My inspiration for the dressing came from my Broccoli Apple Salad recipe. I mixed up sour cream, mayonnaise, vinegar, and honey then sprinkled in some salt and pepper. I poured that heavenly dressing over my slaw mixture gave it a good toss then went in for a taste test.
What To Serve With Cranberry Pecan Slaw
This recipe is perfect to serve as a salad or a side dish. Here’s some of my favorite main dishes to serve with it:
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- Marinated Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Smoked Pulled Pork
- Easy Marinated London Broil
More Slaw Recipes You’ll Love!
Last but not least…
I love hearing from you, so please leave a rating and a comment if you don’t mind. And don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag me with a photo.
Cranberry Pecan Slaw
- 2 11 oz bagged cole slaw mix
- 1 large Gala or Honeycrisp apple – chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecan
- 4 green onions – sliced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream (yogurt can be substituted)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add slaw mix, apple, cranberries, pecans and onions to a large bowl. Toss to mix all ingredients. Set aside
- In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Whisk together until smooth. Pour 3/4 of dressing over slaw and toss until mixed well. Add remaining dressing if desired. **Additional dressing can be saved in a sealed container to add to slaw at a later time or before serving.
- Serve immediately. Slaw can be stored, covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Toss slightly and add saved dressing if needed.