This post may contain affiliate links.
Extra creamy with a healthy crunch, this coleslaw recipe is the perfect side dish for any cookout, summer lunch, or dinner. Creamy Coleslaw also makes a terrific topping for hot dogs and hamburgers!
In my family, this recipe is a classic. I make Creamy Coleslaw just like my Mama made it and just as my Grandmother made it. This recipe brings back great memories of summer cookouts, and always puts a little smile on my face whenever I serve it. After all, food memories bring back not just the taste of the food, but also of the people we love and the places we’ve been.
What I Love About This Recipe
- It’s the ideal summer side dish for cookouts, picnics, and potlucks.
- Making it only takes 10 minutes.
- The creamy dressing combined with the crunchy shredded cabbage is pure perfection.
- It is THE BEST topping for hot dogs, and hamburgers and a must for summer get-togethers!
What Is Coleslaw Made With?
- Shredded Cabbage – you can shred your own or buy a bag of pre-shredded slaw mix.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
Can This Recipe Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Yes, it sure can. Actually, it’s better if it’s had time to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Creamy Coleslaw makes the best side dish since you can make it ahead of when you want to serve it.
How To Store Coleslaw
Since this recipe is made with mayonnaise, it needs to be stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
When serving, make sure it’s not left out for more than 2 hours at room temperature. If you are going to serve it outside, here’s a great tip – fill a large bowl with ice then place the bowl of coleslaw on top to keep it cool.
What To Serve With Creamy Coleslaw
- Air Fryer Hot Dogs
- BBQ Chicken Legs
- Carolina Slaw Dogs
- Crock Pot Country Style Pork Ribs
- Sheet Pan Brats And Potatoes
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
More Coleslaw Recipes To Make
- 1 14-ounce package coleslaw mix
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Add coleslaw mix to a bowl along with the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix together until well blended.
- Store in the refrigerator covered until ready to serve.