This post may contain affiliate links.
Add the BEST flavor to burgers with this easy-to-make burger seasoning recipe. It only takes a few pantry ingredients and 5 minutes to make a blend that takes a burger from ordinary to extraordinary!
Have you ever wondered what makes restaurant burgers so dang good? First, they make sure they use fresh ground meat and then add a secret to bring out the best flavor.
That secret? Homemade Seasoning. Follow along for the secret to making the best burger seasoning.
Homemade Burger Seasoning is so easy to make, and it takes a burger to a new level. I’ve combined the best blend of spices to make a burger seasoning mix that not only adds great flavor to hamburgers but is also great on turkey burgers, chicken patties, meatballs, and meatloaf; plus, it is one of the best ways to season veggies on the grill.
How Do You Add Flavor To A Burger?
It’s easy with this seasoning! You can add incredible flavor to ground beef without overpowering the burger with just the right combination of salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder. This blend is fresh, and you know exactly what you’re cooking with. You can really taste the difference in every single bite.
What You Need To Make Homemade Burger Seasoning
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
Scroll Down For Measurements And Instructions
How To Make And Store Hamburger Seasoning
This spice mix is made in 5 minutes or less. All you do is measure out each ingredient, whisk to combine; then you are ready to use.
To store, place the seasoning blend in a jar or airtight container. It will keep in the pantry for up to 6 months.
Double or triple the recipe to make a big batch of seasoning to use anytime you need it.
How To Season Burgers
To make the best homemade hamburgers, you can use this seasoning in two ways. The first is to add a teaspoon or more to the meat before shaping them into hamburger patties. The second is to sprinkle the seasoning on the patties before grilling or cooking on the stove or oven.
Tips To Make The Best Burger Seasoning
- Don’t skimp on the salt! Kosher salt has larger grains, making it easier to control the seasoning. It provides a well-distributed saltiness throughout the patties.
- Store in an airtight container: Once you’ve made your burger seasoning blend, store it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. This will help preserve its freshness and flavor for future use.
- Give it time to infuse: Allow the seasoning blend to sit for a while before using it. This allows the flavors to meld together and intensify. Give it at least 30 minutes to an hour to enhance the taste.
Variations On This Recipe
This recipe is for the best seasoning for burgers and is super easy to customize to your liking, so get creative! Here are a few ideas:
- Want more spice? Add in chili powder or cayenne pepper.
- Substitute smoked paprika for a rich smokey flavor.
- Add in dried onion flakes.
- Add in a pinch or two of Italian herbs for a Mediterranean vibe.
Commonly Asked Questions With Answers
When stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, this burger seasoning can generally be kept for several months. Over time, the potency and flavor of the spices may gradually diminish.
A general guideline is to use about 1-2 tablespoons of seasoning per pound of ground meat. However, this can vary depending on personal preference and the intensity of the flavors in your seasoning blend.
There are a few methods for applying seasoning to burger patties. You can sprinkle the seasoning blend directly onto the patties, covering both sides. You can mix the seasoning into the ground meat before forming the patties.
More Homemade Spice Blends
- A Southern Soul House Seasoning
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Add all ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- To use, sprinkle liberally on burger patties or mix into ground meat before cooking.
- Store in a sealed container in the pantry.