Fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and herbs tossed in a light creamy dressing with pasta make a salad that’s absolutely irresistible! Creamy Tomato Cucumber Pasta Salad is not only easy to make but it’s colorful, cool, and does double duty as a side dish or salad.
I am so excited to share this recipe! The reason is that it came about as a special request from A Southern Soul readers.
A little over a year ago I posted a recipe for Tomato Cucumber Salad. It quickly became a fan favorite. I’ve gotten so many lovely comments about that dish. Not only do folks love that salad, but they’ve also asked me to make another version of it using pasta. How could I turn down a request like that? Who doesn’t love pasta salad, right?
I’ve taken the main ingredients of that beloved recipe and added pasta, more herbs, and tossed everything in a light creamy dressing. This salad is so good! It’s ideal for any backyard party, a weeknight meal, or when you’re feeding a crowd.
What You Need To Make This Salad
- Red Onion
- Pasta (whatever you like or have on hand)
- Sour Cream
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Dill, Basil, and Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
This salad is great to make when you are short on time. Here’s how to make this super simple recipe:
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While the pasta cooks, chop the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and herbs.
- Drain and rinse the pasta and let it cool for 3 to 5 minutes.
- As the pasta cools, whisk up the dressing in a small bowl or shake up in a mason jar.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and pasta, toss together. That’s it!
Can This Recipe Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Sure! I like to make it a couple of hours before serving to allow all of the flavors to blend. I’ve found that the herbs really add a bright, fresh flavor after they’ve hung out in the creamy dressing. About 10 to 15 minutes before serving, take the pasta salad out of the fridge and let it sit on the counter. Then toss to mix any settled dressing and serve.
How Long Will This Dish Last In The Fridge?
This salad will last about 3 days in the fridge. Make sure to store it in an airtight container. I like to spoon it into mason jars for individual servings that are perfect for lunch.
Serve These Recipes Alongside Creamy Tomato Cucumber Pasta Salad!
- Marinated Pork Tenderloin
- Balsamic Chicken Thighs
- Smoked Pulled Pork
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Meatloaf Muffins
Let me know if you make this recipe! You can rate it below, leave me a comment, or snap a picture. Just tag me on Instagram at #asouthernsoul
- 8 ounces rotini pasta (or any pasta you like)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta cooks, halve tomatoes, slice the cucumber, and onion. Chop the dill, parsley, and basil. Put all ingredients into a large bowl.
- To a small bowl or mason jar, add sour cream, mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk together or shake to combine.
- Drain and rinse the cooked pasta. After cooling for 5 minutes, add it to the bowl with the chopped vegetables and herbs. Pour dressing over and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links.