This week I visited our new Aldi Store and found lots of great food at really good prices. One of the items I picked up was a corned beef brisket. I was anxious to see how my new food adventure was going to turn out, so I grabbed my slow cooker and got to work.
I am here to tell you, the brisket turned out great! I was able to make 2 meals out of that big boy of 4 lbs. and my guys are already asking when I can make it again. With the start of school around the corner, this brisket made into Reuben sliders is going to be at the top of my “go to” list of things that make my life easier.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef
- 1 corned beef brisket , 3-4 lbs
- 1 onion , chopped
- 3 carrots , chopped
- 3 stalks celery , chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 bottle dark beer
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package slider buns
- 1 package Swiss cheese slices
- Layer 1/2 of chopped veggies in bottom of slow cooker.
- Place corned beef on top of veggie with fat cap up.
- Add remaining veggies and garlic around side of meat.
- In a bowl, mix beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, celery seeds and red pepper - pour over beef.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over top of corned beef, coating well.
- Pour dark beer around side inside of slower cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- When done, remove from cooker, slice or shred with 2 forks.
- Slice slider buns and pile on corned beef. Layer on a slice of Swiss cheese and spoon on dressing. Serve!
1000 Island Dressing
- Add mayonnaise, ketchup, chili sauce, relish to a small bowl and mix until well blended. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper
PIN this recipe HERE to save!