It’s officially football season and you know what that means…tailgating, snacks & great food. Even if you are not a football fan, you will still love this hot sausage dip – it’s become an all time favorite at my house!
I’m sure you’ve made your own version of this easy, flavor packed sausage dip. If you have, great. I’m sharing my version plus a couple of tips on how to prep it and keep it warm while you watch the game.
Cook your sausage when you have time, drain on a paper towel then store in an airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to use. WATCH OUT – if you are not careful, others in the house (and you too) will walk by and snatch a piece or two of this awesomeness and you WILL NOT have any left for your dip!
If you’re feeding a crowd, just double or triple this recipe. It’s so easy since it only has 3 ingredients. Dump your cooked sausage into a crock pot set on low, add the brick of cream cheese and container of Ro-tel tomatoes & chilies. Check the cooker every 10 to 15 minutes, stirring the mixture as the cream cheese melts. Once dip is mixed, keep crock pot on warm setting and serve.
Hot Sausage Dip
This warm meaty dip will transform your next game day snack table.Print Pin Rate
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes and chilies
- Cook sausage, drain and crumble. Remove any left over sausage drippings from pan.
- Add cream cheese and tomato with chilies into pan set on medium low heat. Stir until cream cheese is melted.
- Add crumbled sausage and mix thoroughly.
- Serve with torilla chips.
If you like your dip hot and spicy, you can add the HOT versions of Ro-tel tomatoes and chilies or hot sausage.