This post is sponsored by my friends at Dan-O’s Seasoning, but all opinions expressed are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support my family and me.
Rich, creamy Hot Crab Dip cooked in a cast-iron skillet is the ultimate appetizer for any party! Loaded with fresh crab meat and perfectly seasoned, your friends and family will be begging for this easy-to-make recipe.
When it comes to throwing a party or having friends over for drinks, I always want to show the best in southern hospitality. And that means serving good food.
I always have one special, really delicious appetizer recipe that I pull out, and Hot Crab Dip is at the top of the list.
This recipe is no joke, THE BEST. I know folks say all the time that they have “the best” of this or that, but I can say with total conviction, this recipe will make the best hot crab dip you’ve ever tasted.
What Makes This Crab Dip So Special?
- It’s made with fresh crab meat.
- This dip is seasoned perfectly with Dan-O’s Original Seasoning.
- It’s creamy and cheesy.
- Whipped up in minutes, this dip is ready to serve in no time!
Ingredients To Make This Recipe
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Lemon Juice
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Dan-O’s Original Seasoning
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Lump Crab Meat
- Sliced Green Onions
Pro Tip: make sure the cream cheese is softened (room temperature) for easy blending with the other ingredients.
How To Make Crab Dip
This recipe is super simple to make.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, whip the cream cheese until it’s smooth.
- Add in the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Dan-O’s Seasoning and red pepper flakes and blend until smooth.
- Gently fold in the crab meat and cheese. Spoon into a cast-iron skillet, top with a bit more cheese and a sprinkle of Dan-O’s Seasoning then bake for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle on some chopped green onions if you like and serve with toasted bread or your favorite cracker.
What Type Of Crab Meat Is Best For This Recipe?
For this recipe, I recommend using fresh crab meat. You can find it in the refrigerated meat section in the grocery store. Depending on what’s available, I use two different kinds of crab meat.
I use lump crab meat, which comes from the body of the crab and is slightly sweet and tender. I also use crab claw meat. It’s a bit darker than lump and back fin meat and has a rich flavor. It tends to be a bit less expensive than lump crab meat and is a good choice in appetizers or soups
Can Crab Dip Be Made Ahead Of Time?
Yep, absolutely! Make the recipe according to the instructions up to 2 days before you want to serve it. Cover it, store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake and serve.
What To Serve With Hot Crab Dip
This dip is so, so good that I keep things simple. I serve the dip right in the cast-iron skillet along with toasted bread and crackers. You could add in some celery sticks for a bit of freshness.
More Super Delicious Appetizer Recipes You’ll Love!
- Crock Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Sweet And Spicy Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Crock Pot Reuben Dip
Last but not least…
If you make this recipe, let me know! You can leave a comment and rate it below. Don’t forget to post a pic and follow me on Instagram.
Easy Hot Crab Dip
- 8 ounce block of room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon Dan-O's Original Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1-1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound lump or claw crab meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions – optional
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a medium-size cast-iron skillet with cooking spray and set it aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, seasoning, and pepper flakes and mix together.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of shredded cheese and crab meat. Spoon into the prepared skillet, top with remaining cheese, a sprinkle of Dan-O's and bake for 20-25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, top with chopped green onions, and serve with crackers or toasted bread.