Tomatoes marinated in a bright, easy to make dressing make a excellent, uncomplicated salad or side dish for any time of the year. Even winter tomatoes get a makeover thanks to a few simple ingredients tossed together in a dressing that you’re sure to make all year round.
I will freely admit that I am a tomato snob. When the weather starts to warm up, I start thinking about a fresh, ripe, juicy tomato even though I know it will be weeks before I can enjoy one. Summer tomatoes are always my go to but the thing is, I love tomatoes so much I had to find a way to appreciate them any time of year. That’s when I came up with this effortless recipe.It turns store bought tomatoes into something surprisingly delightful and tasty.
It’s all due to the dressing (which includes my HOUSE SEASONING) that takes less than a couple of minutes to whisk up along with letting the tomatoes marinate at room temperature. I’ve put together the herbal flavors that I like best but please feel free to make this recipe your own and change it up. That’s what good cooking is all about!
- 4-5 Roma tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons A Southern Soul House Seasoning - see link below
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley - chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives - chopped
- Cut tomatoes into wedges and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together olive oil, red wine vinegar, house seasoning, thyme, parsley and chives. Add tomatoes to bowl and gently toss to coat.
- Let tomatoes marinate at room temperature for minimum of 2 hours. Serve as a side dish, salad or as a snack.
- ***Can be store in refrigerator in a sealed container. When ready to enjoy, let come to room temperature.