This post may contain affiliate links.
Spaghetti Salad is the perfect side dish for a party, potluck or when you’re feeding a crowd. Made with tender pasta, pepperoni, fresh veggies and tossed in a zesty dressing then topped with Parmesan cheese, this easy to make salad is ideal for “soup and salad” night!
Over the past few weeks, my house has been the place to be on Sunday evenings. I’ve always made it a point to have a big Sunday Supper that includes family and friends and it looks like things have not changed much. Lately, my youngest, who’s in college has invited some of his new friends to join in on our tradition. There are usually 6 to 8 folks around the table enjoying a homemade meal, laughing and sharing stories. I can tell you right now, it’s the highlight of my week!
When it comes time to make the menu for any gathering, I want recipes that are simple and uncomplimented. Casual entertaining is my mantra so that everyone is relaxed and happy including me. One of my go-to dinner ideas is to serve soup and salad. I like putting out a big salad, soup or chili, warm bread, and a dessert and let my guests serve themselves. Folks load up their plates and bowls, make their way to the table to dig in and start the fun. This is entertaining at it’s best!
Spaghetti Salad is so easy to make and great to serve any time of the year. This recipe is great to make ahead of when you want to serve it since the pasta will absorb all of the yummy, zesty dressing. Making the salad requires very little cooking. Just prepare the noodles, chop the tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions. Slice the pepperoni, make the dressing, and toss it all together. That’s it!
What Goes In Spaghetti Salad
- Spaghetti pasta
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Onion
- Parmesan Cheese
- Homemade Vinaigrette Dressing
What Goes Well With Spaghetti Salad
- Award-Winning Southern Soul Chili
- Crock Pot Potato Soup
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Meatball Parmesan Subs
- Southern Style Chicken Stew
- Amazing Roasted Cabbage Soup
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2 cups grape tomatoes – halved
- 2 cups cucumbers – sliced and halved
- 1 cup pepperoni slices – halved
- ¾ cup red onion – minced
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese – grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley – chopped
- Italian Vinaigrette Dressing – about 1 ¼ cup
Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic – minced
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cook spaghetti pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- To a large bowl add spaghetti, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and pepperoni. Drizzle over dressing and toss all ingredients together. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve immediately. **Can be made a day ahead of serving. Store in an airtight container in fridge for up to 3 days.
Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
- Add olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, basil, pepper and salt to a small bowl or jar. Mix together or shake to incorporate all ingredients.