Game Day Meatballs are a crowd pleasing appetizer perfect to enjoy while cheering on your favorite team! Tender meatballs cooked low and slow in the Crock-Pot in a tangy, sweet sauce are super easy to make giving you more time to join in the fun.
One of the all-time favorite foods in our house is meatballs. I’ve been making them for years and thought at some point, everyone would get tired of them. Uh no, no way. That’s not happening, at least not any time soon.
I have several different meatball recipes that I use depending on the occasion. They are on constant rotation for a weeknight meal and are ideal to serve at parties. Recently, Mr. A Southern Soul had some friends over to watch a football game which meant there needed to be some good eats to enjoy. I decided to make a new version of my BBQ meatballs and wow, were they a hit!
Game Day Crock Pot Meatballs are sweet, tangy and might just be one of the easiest appetizers I’ve ever made. With only four ingredients, including the meatballs, all that’s required is a little stirring then set the slow cooker. This recipe is perfect when you’re feeding a crowd and since the Crock-Pot does all the cooking, you’ve got more time to spend with your family and friends.
What You Need To Make Game Day Crock Pot Meatballs
- BBQ Sauce
- Apricot Preserves
- Whole Grain Mustard
- Frozen or Homemade Meatballs
Recipe Tips When Making This Dish
- Frozen meatballs work great in this recipe and there’s no need to thaw them. If time allows, I make my own. You can get the recipe for my homemade meatballs here.
- I used regular BBQ sauce for these meatballs. Just pick whichever sauce that you like. If you want to add a little heat to the sauce, add in red chili flakes or hot sauce.
- You can cook the meatballs on low for 4 hours or high for 2.
- I like to serve this dish with skewers but using a fork is perfectly acceptable.
Don’t limit yourself and only serve these meatballs on game day. They are also great for parties, covered dish suppers, and potlucks. They are a wonderful main dish for a weeknight meal, too. Serve them with Garlic and Herb Rice along with Tomato Cucumber Salad for an easy meal your family will love.
Want More Game Day Recipes? Check Out These Easy To Make Favorites.
- Bacon Cheeseburger Bites
- Crock Pot Sloppy Joes
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef Sliders
- Instant Pot Ultimate Pulled Pork Nachos
- Bloody Mary Chili
Game Day Crock Pot Meatballs
- Crock Pot
- 1 28 ounce bottle BBQ Sauce
- 1 10 ounce jar Apricot Preserves
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1 32 ounce package frozen meatballs (2 pounds)
- Add meatballs to Crock-Pot.
- To a medium-size bowl, add BBQ sauce, apricot preserves, and mustard. Whisk together and pour over meatballs. Place cover lid on slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
*** Want to save this recipe? Pin it HERE! ***
Items You Might Need For This Recipe
Disclosure ~ If a purchase is made using one of the affiliate links on this website we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you![amazon_link asins=’B004DF0CBA,B0769LWVGS,B07PY8VBK9,B00V5F2G5G’ template=’ProductCarousel-NoHeader’ store=’asouthernsoul-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’e27ecc77-4ae5-46a0-8017-0b601f4e2b4a’]
Shared with my friends on Meal Plan Monday and Weekend Potluck.